“Enjoyable!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Montgomery, Minnesota
“Enjoyable!”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We went to Nardo's twice while in Zihuatanejo. There is some street and utility improvements in progress, so it's a bit difficult to see if they are open. It's worth the effort to get there. First, you will be greeted by Alexis who is energetic and very polite. You'll also be greeted by Ferrari and then Nardo (1). All of them do their best to assist you. Secondly, the food is outstanding. We had the Caprese salad and it is excellent, with really nice ripe tomatoes with a special oil/? dressing and basil. Nice way to start a meal. I had pasta with an assortment of seafood which was great and my wife had fettucine with very large shrimp in a white cream sauce. I enjoy wine and they have a very nice selection. It really is worth a trip to see them and a very neat little restaurant,

• Visited March 2012

Copake, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently great food and service”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I have mixed feelings about bringing attention to Nardo's. The chef and everyone who works there deserve the highest praise, but it's kind of like sharing the map to hidden treasure. After sampling dozens of Zihua's restaurants during visits last year and this year, I keep returning to Nardo's as my favorite, both for the delicious food prepared by Chef Hilario and for the attentive, gracious, utterly welcoming service provided by Norma, Armando, Ferrari and Nardo, Jr. I can recommend everything on their breakfast and dinner menu with the exception of steak, which like the steak at every restaurant I've tried in Zihua, tends to be tougher than North Americans are accustomed to, even in the best cuts. Seafood, pasta and chicken dishes -- both from regular menu and in HIlario's frequent specials -- are amazingly good. Only thing holding this restaurant back is that, shortly after Nardo's moved to its new location on Calle Adelita this fall, the city began tearing up the street for repairs and reduced foot traffic past the restaurant to a trickle. I suspect that once street repairs are finished, Nardo's will lose its status as a hidden gem.

• Visited February 2012
Wilmette, Illinois
“Incredible food at lowest price with great service”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This outdoor restaurant under a lean to does not look like much. But the family staff is friendly, delivers great service for the superb meals, all at rock bottom prices. I had a thick piece of tuna that covered the plate and could have served two people. Wife had dorado, almost as large. Price of $40 was less than half the price of the same meal with smaller portions at a fancy restuarant.

• Visited February 2012
Red Deer, Canada
“Personal Service”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We were looking at some signs on the corner from this restaurant. A gentleman asked us if we were looking for a good place to eat and recommended Nardo's. He worked there and would give us free drinks if we came. We got his name and he got ours. We did go back that night and he remembered us and remembered he had promised free drinks. We had margaritas and they were some of the best we have had. The place was quaint and small, but the 2 waiters were very friendly and called us by name all the time. They had an excellent white wine. The food was fantastic. I had coconut encrusted chicken breast stuffed with shrimp, spinach and cheese with a tamarind sauce on top. It was a wonderful meal and the tastes were fantastic. They had a bbq at the entrance when you came in. Had a wonderful starter of slices of tomatoes with cheese and basil on top in oil and balsamic vinegar dressing. Presentation was very nice. Food was reasonable. We ate there twice. Local entertainment came in which just played up by the bar and then walked around after to see if you wanted to donate to the group. They had drums and pan flutes and guitar. Very nice touch. Also nicer than having the mariachi bands walking around to each table. There is road construction on the street so it is dusty to walk down, but don't let that stop you. Lots of people came to eat.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Queenbrenda
Victoria, Canada
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

You aren't going to get a ocean view or a romantic setting but you will have superb food and incredible service at very reasonable prices. Ferrari (yes, that is his name) speaks excellent English and he is there almost 24/7. Norma makes breakfast and she is a sweetheart. There is another waiter and the chef and an older gentleman who are all beyond nice. Very sincere and hosptible. My first meal there was a seafood stuffed chicken breast with tamarind sauce. Absolutely FABULOUS. The second meal was a fish platter for two with pasta as the starch (I liked it so much I could have had that as a main dish) and vegetables (the chef even made a bird decoration out of radishes). $280. (this was for two people). Again it was well presented as if the chef had gone to culinary school (maybe he has as the food is the quality of a top notch restaurant in America). Drinks and wine are reasonable. They have done their best to decorate the space. The only tip is don't order steak. They know how to cook it but they haven't found a great cut which is typical in Mexico. My husband had the surf and turf the first meal and loved the grilled shrimp, and the taste of the steak was great, just not very tender. He knew the risk and he was willing to take it. I am glad I chose the chicken (which I never pick when in Mexico, but this was a huge breast, cooked to perfection).

I highly recommend this restaurant, it is just a couple doors down from Rufo's (which we also liked, but if I had to pick between the two, Nardo's would win hands down) and if you go, say hi to Ferrari from his dancing partner Brenda from Canada.

• Visited December 2011