“Our little Shangri-La.”
other traveler has booked this property
The grand salon with soaring palapa roof
C'est al Vie at Ensueno 10. Every room with a view. View from our living room at Sunset!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The grand salon with soaring palapa roof
C'est al Vie at Ensueno 10. Every room with a view.
View from our living room at Sunset!
Comfortable seating
Huge Equipale chairs in the seating are of the great room
Dining in style: onyx table
The dining area: art is everywhere. Sculpture by Michael Hackett.
El Pescado in the entry foyer. Folkart.
View from ktichen to the great room.
Farmhouse kitchen with honed granite counters
Conference table or computer center.
Bahia Vista Bedroom
The bahia Vista bedroom with tropical mahagony.
Bahia Vista Bedroom with premium DISH TV
Art in Bahia Vista: a Frida Kahlo chair!
Bali bed on the palapa covered terrace
Gorgeous onyx bath in the Bahia Vista Suite.
Indoor-outdoor shower in Bahia Vista bath.
Coco Vista bedroom
Coco Vista Bedroom with DISH TV
View from Coco Vista Bedroom..hammock!
Coco Vista Bathroom
Coco Vista onyx bathroom.
Coco Vista Palapa-covered terrace
View from our deck
The detached Piedra Suite just steps from the pool.
Piedra suite with mini fridge and coffee maker.
Piedra Sutie bath is nesteld into the bedrock
Sink lit from below. Hippest bathroom ever.
Infinity salt water pool.
The sky reflected in our salt water pool.
Pool and palapa..plenty of sun or shade!
C'est la Vie indeed. Esto es la vida.
Enjoying the view from the pool.
Steps from pool to our downstairs bedroom
Front entrance
Foyer to Ensueño 10.
Poolside palapa view
Elliptical trainer in our gym
Free weights in the Ensueno1- gym
Treadmill in the air conditioned gym
Bahia Zihuatanejo
Wedding on La Ropa
The hill leading to Ensueño 10
Horseback riding on Playa Larga
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

victoria, bc
“Our little Shangri-La.”
Reviewed January 3, 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

This was a first for me for booking online vacation accommodations.. I was somewhat hesitant, having read numerous reviews usually included in title " Vacations Gone Bad / Holiday House from Hell" .. We decided to bounce to Zihua for a change, Collectively we were a group of 5, two couples and a single. I was sold- Hook, line and sinker on C'est la Vie - From my first soft enquiry.... Harriet Garfinkle ( owner extraordinaire ) was the best! Any query was timely answered, and I mean timely.... which was so appreciated. Our motley crew was in desperate need of a week of down time, C'est la Vie was well.. our little Shangri-La.

We were promptly welcomed by Lynda, Harriet's right hand gal on the ground. Lynda was a very engaging woman who gave us a comprehensive low down of the condo and property. Lynda let us know if there were any problems or queries to drop her a text.. which we did have around day 5, it was nothing major but she handled it efficiently.. and timely!

The condo and complex exceeds all expectations... and I mean all expectations ! Outside of the WOW factor of the view, what I was most impressed with were the little touches.... the treasures that I discovered each new day. An eclectic collection of retablo's in one room, the grouping of Oxacan black pottery, a selection of travel books, dictionaries and board games... a BOSE player..Colourful Frida and Che bags to use when grocery shopping.. Hidden bathroom cabinets that were well stocked....'Lux bed linens, with embroidered bed runners and matching pillows. And the kitchen...Well, if it was winter I would easily hibernate here for the season ! It's a kitchen to definitely entertain in, an all important block of great knifes, gorgeous large bowls for salads and platters for serving appy's on. We stopped and picked up a few days of supplies upon our arrival, I figured we would roll in and find a bare fridge and pantry. Nope, nadda, no way... Most welcoming was finding a fully stocked pantry, with spices and staples and a fridge with a door full of condiments and a variety of hot sauces. The fridge was stocked with cold beer, fresh juice, pop and limes ... there was 1/3 of a bottle of tequila on the counter. I asked Lynda what we should do with the booze.. she said " Enjoy"... We restocked prior to leaving.. In keeping the Good Vibe of Passing it Forward!

The condo is listed as 3 bedrooms, 2 of the bedrooms are suites in size and appointment. They face the deck which runs the length of the condo, each room has a sweet outdoor niche for kicking back, one a day bed and the other a well constructed hammock. The rooms have sliding screens as well as louvres doors which was an added plus, with side windows that provided a nice cross breeze. The 3rd bedroom is separately located below the condo, adjacent to the infinity pool. This room is considerably smaller than the other 2 rooms. If this condo is booked for 3 couples this could be be a stickler....This room does have a wall mounted TV as well.

Access to the condo... Definitely not as much a problem as I thought. Yes there are steps... but it is manageable.. it is a covered concrete stairwell with landings,.. and it's climate controlled. If security is a concern, No worries.. We found the 24 hour security to be top drawer. The access from the main road to the condo is another story. We were trying to figure out what the grade would be for this little stretch of roadway... collectively we decided about 37%, ha ha... I loved it.. ran or walked it 3-4 times a day.. all others in our party cabbed it.

Location of C'est la Vie was spot on, for us, close to La Ropa. Taxis are plentiful.. fares are regulated, cheap as borscht. Our vacation time was short and sweet,We were a group of folks with different interests, For me, location to warm water was all I needed.. I walked down to La Ropa every day, swam, paddle boarded.. and let sand gravity take its hold! Others in our party taxied to Centro or took advantage of local excursions.

Would we book again at C'est la Vie.. in a heartbeat!

Suze

Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway
Jan 3, 2016
Omigod, Suze! You make me want to be a guest on our own condo! That is the most delightful review that I have EVER read! I love your chatty, down to earth style! I am so tickled that you noticed all the special touches. I do go out of my way to make sure that the condo is as welcoming as possible. Nothing is more depressing than just wanting a dab of mustard and finding a bare fridge! Well, there might be other things, but it feels crummy to not have the necessities stocked and ready for guests.I love collecting Mexican art and artifacts and I love sharing them with other folks. I know a lot of owners hide their 'treasures' away, but we like to share them with other like-minded folks. I also REALLY love your pay-it-forward attitude. PLEASE come stay with us again. Please! I feel like I have a new friend. Kind regards, Harriet
920mindil
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Lovely!!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Harriet's condo overlooking Playa La Ropa bay is amazing. Her decor is charming and the accommodations are beyond perfect. We loved the infinity pool and spent one day just lounging at home vs going to the beach or shopping. We also loved the close proximity to the beach, easy walking distance. As noted by other guests, the hill back up is steep (can't have spectacular views without it) but a taxi ride is cheap and always available. Having a washer and dryer in the condo was key for us as we were traveling with our 13 month old. I can't say enough good things about this place. Office Manager, Lynda, was so great, she really made you feel at ease and always, always available for anything she can do to help make your stay enjoyable. My son had a heat reaction and she offered to take us to her pediatrician. Beyond thankful to have her as a resource. We are already planning our next trip next year, over the holidays though, not the rainy season :)

Liked best: Love Zihua! Great people
Liked least: Humidity :)
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Oct 26, 2015
Thank you Mindi for taking the time to write a review. And you forgot to say that you narrowly missed Hurricane Patricia by having your flight out grounded. What an adventure traveling with a 13 month old, is eh? We were so happy that we had so much toddler stuff available for you: portacrib and child 'barrier' for the terrace. I hope that made things a bit easier. We also adore lYnda: we are so lucky to have her.You were terrific guests. Thank you so much for staying with us and please do return next year.
Janzoon
Oakland, California
“You will never want to leave!”
Reviewed July 23, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

From the moment you enter this Casa you will feel right at home - so much so that you will never want to leave. You will find yourself mentally exploring all options to extend your stay. The Casa is beautifully furnished and offers a full kitchen, king sized beds, and lovely, relaxing waterfall showers. The owner is gracious and helpful, the rental manager goes out of her way to make you feel comfortable, and the other staff is helpful and efficient. Located a short walk from La Ropa beach, this Casa allows you the freedom to explore yet is so comfortable you won't want to leave it at all.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: That the owners was so easy to work with and the rental manager was so helpful.
Liked least: That our stay was too short.
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Deb S
Medford, Oregon, United States
“Relaxing First Class Vacation Condo”
Reviewed November 21, 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

We can't say enough about our week in this truly exceptional vacation rental. Every day was a treat to wake up to the beautiful view of the bay. Coffee on the deck was a delightful way to start our day. The place is completely set up with everything you could ask for. The kitchen is fully stocked and quite efficient. We found that we didn't need to use the air conditioner at all. Pulling the curtains back in the living area kept the air circulating with the help of all the fans. The staff is fabulous, we really felt taken care of, they were all so nice and helpful. I don't think the photos I saw of the place before going there can adequately give you an idea of how wonderful it is.

The beach is a short walk down and we enjoyed spending hours just reading, swimming, drinking and eating on La Ropa. We took a water taxi over to Los Gatos for a day which was very fun. The sea kayaking was enjoyable. The walk back up the hill was not our favorite thing but quite doable. You could take a taxi back up. We rarely took taxis anywhere except the store. We rode on the local buses or walked everywhere.

Our most memorable meals were at Il Mare (thunder storm that night so the view was spectacular and the food scrumptious) and El Manglar. We walked by road to El Manglar and it was quite difficult to find but coming back by beach was not only a snap but we were blessed to come across hatchling sea turtles making their way to the ocean.

From start to finish this was one of the easiest vacations we have ever had. Reservations, payment, information on how to get from the airport to the condo were all facilitated by Harriet, the owner. She provided an amazing wealth of information of what to do, where to eat and anything else you could ever need. We would absolutely recommend this place to anyone looking for a beautiful, relaxing, peaceful condo.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views were absolutely amazing
Liked least: The walk back up the hill from the beach
Friends getaway
AlsupNeal
Castle Rock, Colorado
“C'est La Vie - Outstanding Location and Accomodations!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

The pictures of this condo look nice, right? Let me assure you that the pictures do it no justice. We were blown away when we walked in the first evening because it was much nicer than expected. So tastefully decorated and all high quality fixtures. We especially liked the showers - so uniquely done. We loved the fact that the kitchen/family room is completely open to the outdoors. There is no door!
In addition to the condo itself, Harriet and her staff were all extremely helpful. We relied heavily on Harriet's 'Guide to Zihua' booklet for things to do and places to go (especially restaurants). Lynda (rental manager) was also so friendly and helpful....and checked up on us every couple of days. Enrique, the night guard, was helpful calling taxi's and giving his input into our nightly dinner. This is a great group of service focused folks.

Zihua itself was fabulous. Exactly what we were looking for - a good taste of Mexico without being overly touristy (if you like the Cancun scene, Zihua is not for you). La Ropa beach was awesome - water temp 87 degrees...and just a 5 minute walk down the hill (and I mean HILL!). Las Gatas beach was a nice change of scenery for a day. Lots of great places to eat in town (5 minute / $4 taxi ride). A few to note: Carmelitas, Bandidos, Los Braseros, Papa Loca, El Mediterraneo. We also went deep sea fishing with Eddie (Lynda can hook you up - pun intended) and caught a few tuna, a mahi mahi and had one sail fish on but did not land. Shopped in the artisan market for crafts and souvenirs and also walked through the local market as well - very interesting. A note - mid-October seemed to be an ideal time to visit as the weather was fabulous (only 1 storm in 8 days) and there was NOBODY there.

This place is first rate. You can't go wrong.

Traveling group: Teenagers
Families with young children
Oct 24, 2014
Lynda tells me that you were some of the best guests EVER! You really know how to enjoy yourselves and I love that. You are just the kind of folks for whom I wrote my ‘Harriet’s Guide.’ You took full advantage of the varied activities that Zihua offers. And you ate at some of my favorite restaurants: I am getting envious just thinking about it! Thank you also about the compliments about C’est La Vie. I have made it a policy to put in all the amenities of ‘home’ and still retain the workmanship and artistry of the local architecture. And I love collecting art; it is one of passions. Not to mention, I love good linens and bedding, so I try very hard to make sure that things are always as fresh as possible. Thank you for being such great guests, and please come join us again!
Saludos, Harriet
Steven W
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Beautiful condo in Zihuatenejo”
Reviewed September 30, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

Ensueno 10, C'est la Vie 2 is a beautiful 3 bedroom condo on Playa la Ropa. It is equipped with just about anything one could need, very well maintained, with beautiful views of the Bay. The beach is very close by plus there is an infinity pool on the premises. There are many good restaurants on Playa la Ropa and downtown at all price ranges. I highly recommend Ensueno 10 to anyone wishing to visit Zihuatanejo

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The beautiful condo
Liked least: Nothing negative to say
Families with young children
Oct 20, 2014
You guys are great guests and we are happy to have you back any time! We also love helping the SPCA in San Miguel de Allende by being part of their fundraiser. Thanks again on all accounts!
CA
Reviewed May 1, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
May 1, 2014
Wow. What a great review! It makes me want to be back there right now. I am delighted that you had such a great vacation and enjoyed our place so much! We do keep improving things to make it more like home. For instance, we just added big drawers to to the kitchen to make it easy to find everything you need. We believe in providing as much quality as possible for us and for you. We do not hide our good dinnerware away, nor stint on luxuries. Please DO come back and join us again!
Saludos,, Harriet
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing