“It is true..great food,great location..you get to see crocodiles too”
Review of El Manglar

El Manglar
Ranked #41 of 358 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We heard about the great food and we decided to try it......GREAT..YUMMY....The Tuna,The Tartar sauce ...tacos.....we did go there a few times and not a bad experience.Thank You Memo for your kind hospitality and for your hard work to maintain a clean place,with great food and ambiance.
A must, if you are visiting La Ropa beach.
We will return and continue to tell other travelers about your great place.
Virgil[Romania]& Trisha

1  Thank Enchantedstay

Reviewed January 23, 2013

It was so good that we visited multiple times during our stay in Zihua. It is all true about the 27 spice tuna and the fish rolls are amazing. We also had the mixed seafood grill and fish tacos so yummy. Excellent service from Juan and we even saw the crocodile!

1  Thank Norumbega
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

27 spice tuna is unbelievably tasty! We also enjoyed the tuna stuffed avacado and the grilled fish tacos and everything was really fresh and tasted great! We'll be back!

1  Thank TahitiZ
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed his restaurant on our 1st night in Zihua. It was very good with attentive servers. A must try

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We went to El Manglar (again and again). I have come to know the waiters pretty good here-Juan and Martin. Tonight the restaurant was packed! My wife I had been in earlier in the day having our shrimp tacos and fish burgers. I inquired about tuna availability (it's been a little scarce this year) and Juan told me they had some on hand. 'Nuff said, we were coming back for 27 spiced Tuna!! So there we were again eating at our now favourite restaurant in Zihua. On Juan's recommendation my wife had Shrimp Ajillo and I the 27 Spiced Tuna. The Tuna was cooked to perfection (see photo) and my wife (a very picky eater) loved her shrimp dish. We had been pretty stuffed with our dishes but again on Juan's recommendation tried the Caramel Crepes. They were to die for. Awesome, buttery, sweet caramel with vanilla ice cream and at least 4 crepes. They were delicious. After finishing my wife told Juan next time she's back she's just gonna ask him to "surprise her." Shocking but true! We've NEVER had a dish that remotely resembles something we did not like. We are slated to go back on sunday with some friends who are arriving-the very friends who turned us onto this amazing place last year. I would consider Juan and Martin friends. Always welcoming and totally attentive to your every need. This place is managed to perfection and the food is a shining example of that. You have to eat here if you are in Zihuatanejo, if you don't, well that's too bad for you!! Great food and Great People! Bravo El Manglar!

1  Thank SaskatchewanFreddy