“"Not just a great burger…"”

La Hija del Capitan
Ranked #88 of 326 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Zihuatanejo Best Hamburgers in Town, Great Salads, Pastas, Roast Beef Sandwich, BBQ Ribs, Buffalo Wings and more... right down town Zihua!
Toronto, Canada
“"Not just a great burger…"”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

On a previous trip to Zihuatanejo in Jan '13, a fellow traveller
had recommended "La Hija del Capitain."
Great advice.
We returned this past February.
Several times.
The burgers, shrimp, and dessert are very satisfying, with great service.
One of the owners is frequently on the premises, ready to answer
questions about the menu, or the town and its customs.
There is second floor seating with a great view of the street and all of its activity.
At the back wall is a large map of Mexico; ideal for travellers.

Thank you Tanya, Kenny and Nadia.
Until next year.

P.S. I heard a certain Mr. Dufresne was a patron of your establishment. Is this true?

• Visited February 2014

Zihuatenejo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yeehaw for the Hija!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Thanks, guys, for opening early for us for Olympic hockey! great time! great service , fun, personable staff, the food is a great break from typical Mexican, which we love, but sometimes we just need to dive into something a little more familiar. Thanks, Tanya, Kenny, Nadia, Lalo, Carlos...always a super time.

Visited February 2014
Westfield, Indiana
“Decent food”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Went a few times to try this place but their hours were always changing. If you are in Mexico, eat Mexican food not hamburgers. Hamburgers were so so. Nice people that run it but I would not recommend it for the food.

Visited December 2013
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
“Amazing Ribs”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I had a craving for ribs. I heard that they were delicious at the Captain's Daughter, so we went to see for ourselves. Here you will find a nice quiet atmosphere, good people watching from the 2nd floor restaurant, and yes, amazing ribs. On another visit I tried the lasagna, which was also excellent. This is one of our favourite spots for a comfortable, relaxing dinner out.

• Visited May 2013
Kennybuzo, Owner at La Hija del Capitan, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you very much for your review, we are glad you liked our menu
Kenny and Tanya
Calgary
“Best burger I have ever had! Ever.”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was in The Fishin Hole having a drink just before Christmas, where I was lucky enough to meet Tanya. She is the owner of both that bar and La Hija del Capitan. Her father is British, so her English is excellent. When my friend and I asked her for dining recommendations she told us about a number of places that were excellent. She also showed us her restaurant. She was so humble about it, we were not sure what to think. After talking to some long time residents and reading Trip Advisor, we learned that Tanya is an accomplished chef. We went the next night for burgers and a Caesar salad. It's obvious that the salad dressing is homemade, which you don't often find in many restaurants any more (at least at this lower price point). Having said all of that. the burgers are absolutely the best I've ever had. I had the Chipotle burger. She told us that she imports only Angus beef. It was exceptional. Also, I found Tanya and her brother Kenny really kind and helpful. Every single restaurant they recommended was amazing. I will definitely be back to Zihauntenjo soon...but it won't just be for its lovely beaches. Muchos gracias Tanya y Kenny!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank cgallop
Thank you very much for your review, we hope to see you back in your next trip.
Kenny and Tanya