“Hija del Capitan is a MAGNETIC restaurant....it keeps pulling us in!!”

La Hija del Capitan
Ranked #78 of 322 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Zihuatanejo Best Hamburgers in Town, Great Salads, Pastas, Roast Beef Sandwich, BBQ Ribs, Buffalo Wings and more... right down town Zihua!
Calgary, AB
“Hija del Capitan is a MAGNETIC restaurant....it keeps pulling us in!!”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We have been here in Zihua for 3 weeks, and have eaten at this restaurant 5 times! We are leaving tomorrow, and have decided to return to Hija del Capitan this evening for our last meal.

We are adventurous diners, and have many, many restaurants/fondas that we love here, but the flavor, quality, ambience and presentation at Hija del Capitan keep us going back for more! We have eaten our way down the menu, and have not had anything that wasn't absolutely delicious!

Tanya is a trained chef, and the pride and passion she has for cooking are evident in every bite!

P.S.: Hija del Capitan STILL has the best burgers in town!! :)

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank karenkel

Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great burger, friendly staff!”
Reviewed January 30, 2011

I called in while my wife was shopping around town for some gifts for friends back home. It was just what i needed... A good burger! Something to re charge the batteries after a long day strolling the beaches and streets of Z! Friendly staff and cheap comfort food. When you have over done your street taccos and fancy restaurants, this is the place!

• Visited January 2011
West Des Moines, Iowa
“The best hot wings in Mexico! Seriously!”
Reviewed January 28, 2011

Someone told me that they had great wings, but I had to see and taste for myself. I am a wing fanatic and these are the best I have had in a long time. Now, the only problem is that I need to have them at least once a week. If you are wanting a healthier alternative, they have an incredible arugula salad too!

• Visited December 2010
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
“Great service and food!!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2011

Staff is very attentive to your needs. They all speak English and Spanish and the food is awesome. I highly recommend the roast beef sandwich, wings and chipotle burger. Going to eat here is a no brainer, you know you're gonna enjoy your meal.

Visited January 2011
Calgary, AB
“Tanya makes the best burgers EVER!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2011

I am ordinarily not a huge hamburger fan, but I have to say that the burgers here are the absolute best that I've ever eaten! I think that all of last year, I only ate a total of TWO hamburgers in total, but the ones at La Hija del Capitan are so good that I had two during our stay in Zihua!!

The salads, calamari, and wings are also fantastic, as is everything else we've eaten there!!

Tanya and her brother (the owners) are GREAT people, and I hope to see them again in March if we're able to arrange another trip!

Hasta pronto!!