“Amazing fresh food on a budget.”
Review of La Papa Loca

La Papa Loca
Ranked #40 of 322 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Description: A lot of places claim to be for the "locals" but this place actually is where they eat. The name means "crazy potato" in English and that is their speciality. Huge baked potato's filled with buttter, sour cream, cheese and then a variety of meats. Their tacos al pastor and pico de gallo are the best I've ever tasted. Nothing on the menu is more than $50 peso's or about $4usd. Very popular spot with the locals and tourist's that want to experience authentic Mexican food..
Calgary, Canada
“Amazing fresh food on a budget.”
Reviewed February 10, 2011

We walked in circles for almost an hour looking for this place, but we were sure happy we didn't give up the search. Our group of 4 ordered the el pastor tacos(5), beef taco(1), chicken taco (1), 2 orders of chicken fajitas, 8 beer, and 3 bottles of water. All of this was accompanied with chips, about 5 or 6 different salsas, and a plate of radishes and grilled onions.

All of this for 260 Pesos (about $20.00) and served with a smile!!

Tried to go again today for lunch, but they are only open evenings. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank BarCalgary_Canada

MN
“The best potatos ever!!!!”
Reviewed January 18, 2011

This is a very local place that only opens at night (7pm I think.) I prefer to order the Papa Loca. It is a very large potato with butter, sour cream, pineapple and al pastor meat. Eyes are usually bigger than stomach - the potato is a full meal alone. We usually go with a group of 10 - 15 people and the restaurant has always been very accomodating for the large group. The cost is extremely inexpensive - under $10 per person including a few beers.

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank luvixtapa
Calgary, AB
“Absolutely my FAVORITE place to eat in Zihua!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2011

Papa Loca had me hooked from my very first visit. The food is RIDICULOUSLY inexpensive, and everything we ate was absolutely delicious! My favorite thing was the tacos al pastor, but the stuffed baked potatoes were also incredible!

I lost track of how many times we ate there during our month-long stay! If they were open for lunch (and if I had a hollow leg) I could eat there TWICE a day!!

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank karenkel
Oregon
“great dinner tonight and $8 for two!”
Reviewed December 30, 2010

The tacos al pastor con queso and the baked potatoes are to die for. I can't wait to go back! It is so fun to watch it all being made.

1 Thank OOOOOOregon
Edmonton, Canada
“Best deal amazing flavors”
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Went here for supper based on reviews. Not disappointed. Potatoes were excellent.4 people 1 had mexican, 1 had shrimp stuffed 2 had "special". All dinners were very happy. Staff there was very friendly

1 Thank AlbertaGirl