“Always a Great Experience at Don's!”

Don Memo's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #90 of 322 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
toronto, ontario
“Always a Great Experience at Don's!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed in Mexico for 4 weeks and went to "The Don's" 9 times. Couldn't get enough. The food and service are excellent. Ezekiel (waiter) hardly speaks any English, but with our limited Spanish, we were able to bring him out of his shell and evoked smile after smile from him. The Don himself is a very outgoing friendly, witty guy , and is always making sure that we are enjoying ourselves. He is the perfect host! The location is great, busy area of Zihua with lots going on around you all the time. We love the tomato salad, lasagna, shrimp, pasta and the pizza is fantastic!. Also, if you don't see exactly what you want on the menu, he's happy to make it for you. All this is to say nothing about about the price and the excellent value. Dinner for 2 with 4 beers is about 230 pesos. We've been to Ixtapa/Zihua 12 years in a row and this is our favourite place to eat. Great place to chill, enjoy great food and relax and The Don makes you feel right at home. Thanks Don and see you next year! Bob and Nancy, Ontario, Canada

• Visited February 2013

toronto
“anyone who knocks this restaurant is way to picky”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

not many restaurants around here that i can say i am anxious to return and this is one of those places that i will go back at the first chance i get...this is not the best food or atmoshere in zihua but this is one of the best values anywhere ... the service is good the kitchen is slow and the food very tasty the drinks are cheap and the food prices are silly cheap . we had 2 mahi plates one with wine sauce one with brandi sauce 2 pasta plates 11 beers and a soup and the bill came to a whopping 36.00 us that was for 4 people .. the pasta and fish were cooked perfect and very flavourfull lots of locals eat here as well looking forward to my return

• Visited February 2013
Ucluelet, Canada
“Great Lasagne”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We go each time we get to Zihua. The lasagne is always very good. We also had a calzone - description had sausage - expected chorizio (being an Italian dish), but was a weiner - just average. Service was slow on the evening we were there. Inexpensive meal.

Visited February 2013
Calgary
“Best virgin Pina Colada's!!!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

A virgin Pina Colada is called a pinata (without the accent). I was ordering these everywhere because my kids love them. Don Memo's by far had the best one I tried (so I imagine the real Pina Colada's would be be amazing too). After trying my daughters I actually decided to order one for my dessert. The food was very good too, with great prices, and very family friendly. Can't wait to go back on our next trip down.

Visited January 2013
“Thin, runny pasta sauces and burnt crust pizza.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Although this restaurant is in fairly good location I can't say the same for the food. The lasagna was mainly pasta with little meat filling and a watery tomato sauce that tasted like diluted canned tomato paste. Spaghetti was similiar.

Such a nice pizza oven and, apparently, no one who knows how to use it. Tried pizza here on two occassions and both times ended up with burnt offerings .... Pepperoni should not be crispy like potato chips and the crust shouldn't be charcoal black and crumble when you try to have a bite ... I got more crust on my lap than in my mouth!

I'm gonna give this place a rest before I try it again ... You can get far better pasta at a better price in a more scenic location all over Zihua ..... Try the Marina Cafe on Paseo del Pescador --- you'll see and taste the difference!