“Loved it!” 5 of 5 bubbles

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We chartered a fishing boat for the offshore tour and it was great. We got a little sea sick, but we still had a good time. Please be sure to visit Otilia’s where they will cook the fish that you catch. They also have other good food too. We would book with Julio again. Very easy to work with and very professional.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank jontiff

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I booked the fishing and snorkeling combo with Julio, and it was a great experience. Julio is a very friendly guy and was very accomodating. There was a bit of a language barrier between his broken English and my inadequate Spanish, but we still had a great time. Caught lots of fish and saw some nice things while snorkeling. After the fishing and snorkeling we went to Otilia's in Las Gatas where the fish we caught were prepared, and it was delicious. Julio's mate wasn't the friendliest guy we met in Mexico, but that wasn't enough to rate this as anything less than a 5.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Dan263305
Walnut Creek, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Julio is the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I booked a fishing trip with Julio one day and a snorkeling trip on a separate day. The fishing trip was phenomenal. Julio's boat is clean and well maintained (something that was important to us after seeing some of the other boats in the harbor). We did not want to do any deep sea fishing, and instead chose to stay in the bay for the entire trip. We caught black tuna, grouper, and spanish mackerel, in addition to seeing dolphins and sea turtles. We then went to Julio's mom's restaurant to have our catch cooked up, which was delicious. Overall, the fishing trip was great, and my husband and I would highly recommend Julio to anyone looking to fish in Zihua.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank jessica s
Merrillville, IN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fishing with Julio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Have fished with Julio for years. Never has he not worked to make it the best fishing experience that we can have. This year in February we actually had to tell Julio that we were tired of bringing in all the small game he directed us to!!! Would recommend him to anyone, young or old, first timer or veteran fisherman. Big Daddy Wags

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Bigdaddywagz
Long Lake, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Perfect family outing in Zihua!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Julio's tours were the perfect adventure for our family while vacationing in Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo! Our 15 year old daughter and 13 year old son, along with my husband and I, loved the entire experience! The water on the Pacific was like glass and the scenery surrounding Zihua Bay was breathtaking. The sea turtles were a fun sight as we waited for the sound of a the reels, spinning with another catch! Each of us caught several black tuna which were deliciously prepared by Julio's mom at her restaurant, Otilla's, on Playa Las Gatas. Yum! Prior to lunch we stopped for snorkeling and enjoyed the warm water and some under-the-sea exploration. After lunch my husband and I treated ourselves to a massage, while the kids kicked back in the hammocks and soaked up some rays on the beach. What a perfect day! My husband and son couldn't get enough, so they booked two more fishing trips with Julio that week. They caught about 10 black tuna each day and were fortunate to also catch two Dorado. My daughter and I met them back at Otilla's to enjoy the delicious catches of the day! During our extended time in Zihua, we got to know Julio and his family, and their amazing, family friend Carol, who treated us to an insiders look into the life of Zihuatanejo. This was truly a vacation we will never forget! Julio...we'll be back!

Visited March 2013