“Coconut Shrimp was the BEST we ever had.”
Review of Mariscos Chendo's

Mariscos Chendo's
Ranked #44 of 358 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Imagine Coconut Shrimp with a spoonful of cream cheese inside and then dipped in Pina Colada sauce. It was so good my mouth waters thinking about it. My husband also had Seafood Pasta. There was a cream sauce on the spaghetti and then shrimp, octopus, crab meat and lobster over it. On another night he tried Stuffed Mahi Mahi. It was shrimp and lobster rolled up in the fish and then deep-fried. I stayed with the Coconut Shrimp all 3 times we were there. The restaurant is run by a very lovely family. The daughters wait tables and help their mother cook the food. The street leading to it was being paved while we were there but it was still easy to get there.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

We ate lunch here twice during our stay and would have eaten there even more often if we had found it earlier in our stay. We had the shrimp platter with nine shrimp. There were three wrapped in bacon with a chipotle sauce, three with walnuts and a maple flavored dipping sauce and three with coconut and a coconut milk dipping sauce. The margaritas here were some of the best we found too. I probably won't be able to recreate the preparation but plan to try!

Reviewed February 28, 2012

It's been over a month since we had dinner there, but will always remember since during our meal they were playing Andrea Bocceli, but it was in Spanish. I had never heard that before, so I asked our waitress if she knew which album. She said it was on their computer, she'd check for me. Then she didn't return for a while, so I assumed she got busy. When we got ready to leave, she gave us the CD she had burned for us!!! What a nice person, everytime we play that CD it brings us back to our night in Zihua. Also the seafood was delicious, I had the MahiMahi, my husband the grilled shrimp. Can't wait to eat there again

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We had a good meal at this restaurant but it was nothing special and there was nothing on the menu that doesn't appear in a lot of other restaurants. The price is good but again on a par with similar restaurants in Zihua. I can't understand why it is rated number 3 at the moment on TA when there are two other restaurants, Nardo's and Rufo's, which in my opinion are better.

1  Thank MargaretGranada
Reviewed February 18, 2012

This restaurant was recommeded to me by a local resident. He was right on the money with his recommendation. They have a lobster dish that is incredible and shrimp meatballs that will have you coming back for more. Prices well within anyone's budget.