“great view, elegant architecture and good food”

Espuma mediterraneo
Ranked #24 of 322 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Mediterenean style with an Italian chef , A la carte menu , This magic place combines good food and exquisite architectural design, result of the careful handling between the wood and stone materials native from the region.
vancouver
“great view, elegant architecture and good food”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

First, the view - breathtaking like about 20 other places in Zihua/Ixt. Owned, designed and built by an architect from Veracruz. Not that different from its sister restaurant Tentaciones other than menu. Both have good food, both are beautiful and have that view. IMO Espuma layout and design a bit more elegant. If I had $2 million lying around I would buy it for my personal residence. Staff at both places are great, especially manager who runs both places

Visited January 2013
1 Thank clint5841

Los Angeles, California
“Sublime setting and views but pricey”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The setting for Espuma is sublime: perched on a terrace overlooking the bay, twinkling lights rimming the terrace, near perfect weather (in January at least). I inspected the restaurant when it was fully booked and just had to make a reservation for another night. I definitely think people should pay a visit. Having said that, I think there are some flaws. The wine list is ridiculously expensive. The least expensive (and rather mediocre) red wine was over $40. Steak ordered medium rare was almost raw. Strangest of all was that the only napkins provided were these tiny paper ones from a dispenser right out of a roadside diner. I had to ask several times for a proper large cloth napkin before they finally gave me one that was obviously meant to line the breadbasket, not my lap. Just weird. But my wife's dish was excellent she says, and the setting is sublime. Staff were all unfailingly polite and welcoming. So, I'll give it another chance next time on down in Zihua, but I do hope they work on these shortcomings.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Kenat323
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Possibly the best experience we've had in Zihua”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant is so wonderful that it almost defies description. The food is wonderful, the ambiance is beautiful, the views are breathtaking and the service is amazing. The setting is extremely romantic. It's truly an experience not to miss - and worth every penny!

Visited May 2012
2 Thank ExpatLisa
Varese, Italy
“just another amazing place”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

JUST LOVE IT !!
I ve been there after being in another restaurant in Zihuatanejo
and i was ready to be surprised again ..and I WAS !!
the meat I had was by far the best I have ever had in my life ..
the place itself is a fantastic idea of interior design sitting in such a view
the stuff is simply kind and prepared and price are reasonable
I ll rememember this dinner for a long time ..it deserve at least a visit for a romantic dinner
or just to enjoy life
atmosphere , food , costumer service , quality service all perfect

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank rossana c
“Very Romantic but pricy..”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I read a lot of mixed reviews but decided to check this place out since it was recommended. You should first know, this is a set 5 course menu. I'm not sure this is always the case but it was when we went. The view is amazing! The service is not what you'd expect from a restaurant this expensive. Our sever was very casual and not very knowledgable. The food was actually pretty good. We had "ceviche" but it was more like sushimi with mandarin juice. Yum! Then strawberry salad with way too much olive oil. the bean soup was delectable. Following was our entree which was filet and shrimp but we asked for Mahi instead of filet. Also very delicious. For dessert an apple crisp with vanilla ice cream. Tamarindo martini was the best I'd ever had. We paid $1900 pesos plus tip. Pretty pricy but we felt it was worth the experience. If you're really picky I wouldn't come here but if you want to experience a unique restaurant in zihuatanejo then definitely try it, you'll be glad you did

1 Thank Alexandra R
TentacionesHotels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Espuma mediterraneo, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Good afternoon Mrs Alexandra, first of all thanks very much for your comments, this help us to improve and find ways to give to our dear costumers an amazing experience. However and with all respect I also consider that one wrong comment or with bad intention can denigrate the work of all the staff who every night do their best effort in order to pamper our clients.

Espuma Sophisticated Fusion Latin Restaurant is not a "5 course set menu" restaurant, we only serve a la carte and from 2pm until 10pm. I am not sure in which restaurant you where but I´ll be more than happy to welcome you in Espuma, so you can check our place and know a little bit more about us.

Trip Advisor is a great place to write our comments and experiences but this web page needs to be feed with valid and true comments. Otherwise the hotels and restaurants that are here trying to do the best, could be affected.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and we really hope to see you and have the opportunity to serve you in Espuma Restaurant.