“Nice romantic atmosphere”

La Casa Vieja
Ranked #54 of 320 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice romantic atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife and I had dinner here a week ago. It was a nice place but a bit on the expensive side compared to some other local restaurants. I had a seafood dish but it has a much stronger tomato base then the menu described. Our table was also six inches higher then the other tables, not sure why. The staff was very pleasant. They even had reading glasses since I forgot mine.

• Visited February 2014

“Good but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

During our vacation in Zihua, we dined here based on a recommendation. It was the only restaurant where we felt rushed (although restaurant was less than half full), and the only place where the waiter brought the check (la cuenta) before we had asked for it. Compared to the quality of food around the corner at any of the restaurants on Calle Adelita, this place is over priced with much worse service. The restaurant is nicely decorated, but that won't bring us back.

Davenport, Iowa
“Sunday brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Authentic food at a reasonable price. You will not be disappointed or go away hungry. We never miss this Sunday buffett.

Visited January 2014
Ferndale, Washington
“Pork Chops Yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Great last night in Z with our family we choose Pork chops to die for and the stuffed chicken breast was yummy. We have been her for pozole as well very good and fun.

Visited February 2014
San Francisco, California
“Why bother when...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

...you can go right around the corner on Calle Adelitas and eat at the many delicious, fresh, authentic options at much better prices and friendly people. Patio Mexica/Rufo's, La Terracita, Las Adelitas, El Arrayan, Salvador's - you won't be disappointed by any of them.

We went to Casa Vieja on a Thursday night for the pozole. When I asked about the pozole, the waiter told me they had it, but Mexicans eat pozole at lunch, not dinner. A different waiter came and when I tried to order pozole, he told me they had just ran out. About 10 minutes later a Mexican family came in, sat next to us and ordered it, no problem (I speak and understand Spanish). What I got instead, was way too salty and the meat was of poor quality (as were the little snacks they put on the table before dinner). Then I watched the table next to us eat their pozole for dinner. Bad manners and poor food in this tourist place.

• Visited January 2014