New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #36 of 81 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
cuernavaca
“Excelent Villas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I was truly happy with my stay here.
I recommend Villas San Sebastian to families and couples who are looking for a relaxing holiday.
Luis Valle the owner, will make your stay a memorable one.
One block from La Ropa beach, clean and very pleasant.
A must stay in Zihuatanejo!

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank pattycuernavaca

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Corvallis, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

This was our 3rd visit to Zihuatanejo, and our 2nd stay at San Sebastian.We love the unique decor of each unit, and the fact that there are only 9 units. The location is perfect: we walked to Playa La Ropa beach in 2 minutes, could walk downtown in 15 minutes. There are eateries and small groceries minutes away. As well, we could easily catch the bus or taxi if we chose. The pool is clean, relaxing, a nice size. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, and the units are very clean. And we can't say enough about how helpful and responsive both Luis, the owner and Jose are. Any concerns or questions are quickly addressed.

We feel very safe and comfortable walking around Zihuatanejo. And we also feel totally secure at San Sebastian, with a locked gate, locking rooms, and a safe box in each unit.

We will definitely be back on our next visit, and do not hesitate to recommend San Sebastian to anyone looking for a good place to stay in Zihuatanejo.

Room Tip: Units away from road are quieter
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank karin k
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I decided to go down to lovely Zihuatanejo for a quick vacation for my wife's birthday. Living in Los Angeles makes it rather easy to hop on a quick 3 hour flight and she wanted nothing more than to find a beach and some sun.

I absolutely love staying at Villas San Sebastian. I have stayed there before but decided to write a review this time to express my feelings about the area and the amazing people. The owner Luis could not be a more knowledgeable and friendly host. He as well as Jose, go out of their way to make you comfortable and feel at home. When the staff treats you like family it makes staying anywhere special and this is one of those places.

Our room, just a 2 minute walk back from the famous La Ropa Beach, came with a kitchenette, air conditioning, television, hammocks, etc. In my opinion, there isn't a much better activity than sitting in a hammock around sunset watching the view of the sun descend effortlessly into the ocean. I have been many places in this world and have found few sunsets that can rival those of Zihuatanejo. La Ropa beach is also an amazing place to spend your days. The water is perfect for swimming, I even did some snorkeling (saw turtles, blowfish, etc) and if you have a family, this beach will keep them all entertained with something for everyone. Luis keeps his prices low and even though we could afford to pay more at other hotels, I still wouldn't do so.

I truly feel at home at San Sebastian and being there makes everything easy i.e. getting a cab into the Town (El Centro), finding food options across the street, small market next door, beach across the street etc. We always felt safe and comfortable no matter where we went in town or on La Ropa and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the area and the hotel to anyone. I truly hope others find their own sanctuary there like my wife and I have found.

Room Tip: Love number 2, but hard to beat any of the rooms and their views.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TJ S
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

My husband and I honeymooned here in 2005 and loved our villa with its natural stone shower, hammock and little cabana out front for breakfast. I'm so glad to hear Luis and Mario are still running the place -- the staff bent over backwards to be helpful and accommodating, even watching our bags for free when we took a three day side trip. If you stay in Zihua over Ixtapa, this is what you come for. It was wonderful to look out over La Ropa without paying beach front prices and still be able to just walk out front and catch a taxi downtown for dinner. We can't wait to stay here again next spring.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I went to Zihautanejo hoping for relaxation, good local food and a chance to practice my Spanish. I was successful in attaining all the above. I stayed at Villas San Sebastian. It was perfect, close to Playa Ropa (3-5 minutes walking). I had a very cute and cozy one bedroom with a kitchen and outdoor space where I had a beautiful view of the water. There is a nice pool and wifi available.
I also went fishing on the Kathia Michell fishing boat. It was the third time I have gone out with Tibe, the captain, on that boat. The last time I went I caught a 40 lb yellow tail. I caught a couple of fish this time but even better we came across a school of dolphins. Tibe stopped the boat so I could swim with them. It was so exciting! I recommend him and his fishing panga wholeheartedly. You can find him at the Municipal pier or call him at ---------. If you call from outside Mexico you need to add a 1 first (for any Mexican cellular phone). Have fun!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

This is the fourth year we've stayed at this great, inconspicuous place in the La Ropa neighborhood of Zihua. Though it's a couple of blocks from the beach, all but the lowest of the nine units have wonderful views of the bay. And we hear the surf every day as if we were much closer.
One of the things that most attracted me to VSS is its interesting architecture, with a variety of inviting spaces -- many of them open to the view and cool breezes, and with lots of graceful curves. Every unit has a unique layout. Most, if not all, have kitchen facilities.
Our host, Sr. Luis Valle, does a fine job of maintaining the place -- buildings, grounds, landscaping, pool -- and both maintenance and housekeeping staff do their jobs very well (and are as nice as they could be).
Sr. Valle makes us feel at home here -- even hosting a couple of very nice guest appreciation cocktails/dinner events on the upper terrace. He's a good businessman, and has dealt with me honestly and fairly -- a real gentleman.
The only complaint we had -- certainly not a deal killer for us -- is that our mattress was a little short for a six-footer and a bit lumpy.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank wilmarco
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

Walked in to San Sebastian Villas and felt like I was in a movie. A mixture of beautiful landscapes, views, and rooms. Each room comes with your own balcony including kitchen, tables, hammock, lounge chairs. The rooms are perfect, the sliding door opens up with a full view of paradise. We were picked up from the airport by the owner of the villas - Luis - and he hosted the most wonderful vacation. Not only providing us with transportation, but recommendations for everything, and reserving anything our hearts desired. He truly made the trip even better than it already was. For your next vacation, get away to Mexico, and enjoy these beautiful villas, and the wonderful town of Zihuatanejo.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple