“Happy to be going back!”

Villas San Sebastian
Ranked #32 of 78 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
Reviewed November 21, 2011

My husband and I honeymooned here in 2005 and loved our villa with its natural stone shower, hammock and little cabana out front for breakfast. I'm so glad to hear Luis and Mario are still running the place -- the staff bent over backwards to be helpful and accommodating, even watching our bags for free when we took a three day side trip. If you stay in Zihua over Ixtapa, this is what you come for. It was wonderful to look out over La Ropa without paying beach front prices and still be able to just walk out front and catch a taxi downtown for dinner. We can't wait to stay here again next spring.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 31, 2011

I went to Zihautanejo hoping for relaxation, good local food and a chance to practice my Spanish. I was successful in attaining all the above. I stayed at Villas San Sebastian. It was perfect, close to Playa Ropa (3-5 minutes walking). I had a very cute and cozy one bedroom with a kitchen and outdoor space where I had a beautiful view of the water. There is a nice pool and wifi available.
I also went fishing on the Kathia Michell fishing boat. It was the third time I have gone out with Tibe, the captain, on that boat. The last time I went I caught a 40 lb yellow tail. I caught a couple of fish this time but even better we came across a school of dolphins. Tibe stopped the boat so I could swim with them. It was so exciting! I recommend him and his fishing panga wholeheartedly. You can find him at the Municipal pier or call him at ---------. If you call from outside Mexico you need to add a 1 first (for any Mexican cellular phone). Have fun!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2011

This is the fourth year we've stayed at this great, inconspicuous place in the La Ropa neighborhood of Zihua. Though it's a couple of blocks from the beach, all but the lowest of the nine units have wonderful views of the bay. And we hear the surf every day as if we were much closer.
One of the things that most attracted me to VSS is its interesting architecture, with a variety of inviting spaces -- many of them open to the view and cool breezes, and with lots of graceful curves. Every unit has a unique layout. Most, if not all, have kitchen facilities.
Our host, Sr. Luis Valle, does a fine job of maintaining the place -- buildings, grounds, landscaping, pool -- and both maintenance and housekeeping staff do their jobs very well (and are as nice as they could be).
Sr. Valle makes us feel at home here -- even hosting a couple of very nice guest appreciation cocktails/dinner events on the upper terrace. He's a good businessman, and has dealt with me honestly and fairly -- a real gentleman.
The only complaint we had -- certainly not a deal killer for us -- is that our mattress was a little short for a six-footer and a bit lumpy.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wilmarco
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Walked in to San Sebastian Villas and felt like I was in a movie. A mixture of beautiful landscapes, views, and rooms. Each room comes with your own balcony including kitchen, tables, hammock, lounge chairs. The rooms are perfect, the sliding door opens up with a full view of paradise. We were picked up from the airport by the owner of the villas - Luis - and he hosted the most wonderful vacation. Not only providing us with transportation, but recommendations for everything, and reserving anything our hearts desired. He truly made the trip even better than it already was. For your next vacation, get away to Mexico, and enjoy these beautiful villas, and the wonderful town of Zihuatanejo.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2010

My three adult sons and I completely enjoyed our week stay here. Luis and Mario are great hosts and go out of their way to insure that you have an excellent visit. We stayed in the 2 bedroom, Villa #2. This Villa has a very large patio area complete with dining table, chaise lounges and a hammock. The views of Zihua Bay and the ocean can't be beat. On our last afternoon, we completely enjoyed the pool and cabana area. Much to our surprise here came Mario with a pitcher of the best margaritas that I've ever tasted. What an added treat!

We've stayed at other hotels and condos in the area but these villas were the best by far.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We couldn't have picked a better place than this to stay. When you first get up and look out over the bay and the ocean, what a way to start the day. The sunsets are just as great. Luis and Mario made us feel like we were family. It's also a very short, easy walk down and back from the beach. A perfect place to relax and enjoy.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2010

Villas San Sebastian was quite a find for us. It's very quiet and low key -- almost invisible from the street. The only common area is the very pleasant pool level. It's very much like having your own private villa, but with very attentive, friendly service. Owner Luis Valle and manager, Mario, go all out to make sure we feel at home.
Each of the nine villas has its own unique layout, all well-appointed and with interesting architecture. We've stayed in #9, on the top level of the multi-tiered complex, which steps up the side of a steep hill. Our bright, airy living/dining area has just three walls, the fourth just open air and what we feel is the best view you'll find of Zihuatanejo bay. (I don't know why, but almost no bugs have found their way in during our three stays.) Our villa and the whole place are always meticulously clean and well-maintained.
There are lots of stairs to the upper units, but we enjoy the workout. If necessary, there's road access to those units. And, of couse, fewer steps to lower units. We walk a lot every day -- just down the street to Playa La Ropa and about 20 minutes along beach/road into El Centro.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple