“Luxurious Mexican experience”

Ranked #25 of 80 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
Edmonton
“Luxurious Mexican experience”
Reviewed November 28, 2009

My wife and I just spent a memorable week at one of the nicest places that we have ever stayed at, and we have travelled a lot.
The staff were the best, the view outstanding and the beds were heavenly. The only complaint I have is that we didn't stay longer. We hope to go back next year.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
NYC
Reviewed July 16, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed there for 4 nites before joining the rest of the wedding party at the next villa next door. The staff at Casa Cuitlateca were so attentive and friendly. We were upgraded since we were the only guests at that time. We hardly had to use taxis since the staff happily offered us a ride while they were running their own errands.

The pool was amazing - a really nice romantic getaway. We even helped with the design of the landscape.

I absolutely recommend this place.

Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Super attentive staff. In particular Alfredo for his great margaritas and Sylvia for her breakfasts and afternoon snacks and Amador for his attentive service.
The view is spectacular and they're doing landscaping work on the property to make it even more beautiful. Only 5 rooms and we'd recommend Guerraro for it's view of the bay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Villa de Leyva, Colombia
Reviewed May 28, 2009

What a wonderful time we had on our first trip to Casa Cuitlateca in Zihuatanejo! It was that good that we decided to stay a little longer. The location makes this place very unique and private. The gardens were very well taken care with beautiful flowers and two gorgeous fish ponds.
The view from our room was amazing and from every place at the hotel. The room was comfortable and with all the amenities that we needed. The owner was on vacation and we really liked Alfredo, Silvia and Amador. They made us feel like in paradise with refreshing drinks by the pool, awesome food cooked by Silvia "A real Mexican treat", sipping Margaritas that Alfredo and Amador made and enjoying the gorgeous views!
The breakfast that was included in the rate was very, very good and with different options to choose from. Silvia, the cook, was always happy, laughing a lot an ready to please our cravings for tacos, ceviche, guacamole, etc...and of course sopes...the best!! We ate something different everyday for a light lunch by the pool. Alfredo was very helpful and gave us lots of advice about restaurants, places to go and what to try in town. He even took us for a day tour and we had a great time. Amador was very friendly and knew all about the birds that were around all the time. We enjoyed walking to town every night and trying different places. Don't forget : Tacos al Pastor at Braseros, Tamales y Atoles Annie to try the real Mexican fare. For a romantic dinner try La Bahia...very nice! We also walked to the beach every afternoon and wasn't a problem for us. But you can take taxis everywhere in town even from the hotel.
For our anniversary date we reserved the romantic dinner at the hotel and were very impressed. We picked the menu and Silvia cooked everything very good while Alfredo was our server. It was overpriced though...
We really enjoyed our stay without kids running around or a lot of people. It's a small B&B and that is one of the charming things about it. The infinity pool was small but very beautiful. Great place for couples!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Milclau
Seattle
Reviewed February 23, 2009

We just returned from 5 wonderful nights at Casa Cuitlateca and can't say enough about it. We have traveled extensively all over the world, and can assure you this is one special place.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
Reviewed February 8, 2009

My husband and I recently stayed at the Casa and had a wonderful time; it was intimate and cozy. There was only one other couple at the hotel so we basically had the hotel to ourselves. The service is attentive and very nice; I especially liked Amador, he was charming and helped us with our terrible spanish. Breakfast was delicious and there was a large menu to order from; also you could eat whenever you got up. In the afternoon, we were often served snacks by the pool.
Our room, with a king sized bed, was spacious and clean and had a beautiful view of the bay. The room had these incredible windows/doors that you could have opened to screens, or closed all of the way to sleep in. Beautiful mexican artifacts decorated the Casa elegantly.
I feel like Casa Cuitlaleca is a hidden gem; almost like staying in a private home with a incredible view.

• Liked — Beautiful rooms, privacy, gorgeous landscaping.
  • Disliked — walking back to the hotel up steep hills
  • Stayed January 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank citycatclinic
NYC
Reviewed January 10, 2009

Words alone cannot do this hotel justice. Aside from being stunningly beautiful, aside from the most excellent service, aside from the views, there is the comfort, a feeling of home.

The owners and staff welcome you warmly and provide nothing but the best in service.

The rooms are well appointed, extremely comfortable, and each is decorated with the style of different areas of Mexico. I stayed in both the large, grand Guerrero room and the smaller but no less comfortable Chiapas room.

I was made to feel at home every day of my trip. On one day when I didn't feel well, the owner let the staff know, and I was treated like you would treat a sick family member. I was coddled. When I finally felt like I could eat, one of the staff went into town to pick up a pizza for me (comfort food).

The day I left I was driven to the airport only to find out my flights had been canceled and I was stranded (in paradise) for another day. I called the hotel and they came back out and brought me back to stay another night.

I cannot wait to go back.

If you want to experience the best go to Casa Cuitlateca, you will never forget it.

• Liked — The staff, without question.
  • Disliked — If you're walking, it's a long climb up the stairs. Take a taxi back to the hotel when possible.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10 Thank ChazFrench