“Casa Cuitlateca is the perfect place to rejuvenate the soul.”
Review of Casa Cuitlateca

Casa Cuitlateca
Ranked #26 of 77 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
Reviewed February 23, 2009

We just returned from 5 wonderful nights at Casa Cuitlateca and can't say enough about it. We have traveled extensively all over the world, and can assure you this is one special place.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 8, 2009

My husband and I recently stayed at the Casa and had a wonderful time; it was intimate and cozy. There was only one other couple at the hotel so we basically had the hotel to ourselves. The service is attentive and very nice; I especially liked Amador, he was charming and helped us with our terrible spanish. Breakfast was delicious and there was a large menu to order from; also you could eat whenever you got up. In the afternoon, we were often served snacks by the pool.
Our room, with a king sized bed, was spacious and clean and had a beautiful view of the bay. The room had these incredible windows/doors that you could have opened to screens, or closed all of the way to sleep in. Beautiful mexican artifacts decorated the Casa elegantly.
I feel like Casa Cuitlaleca is a hidden gem; almost like staying in a private home with a incredible view.

• Stayed: January 2009
2  Thank citycatclinic
Reviewed January 10, 2009

Words alone cannot do this hotel justice. Aside from being stunningly beautiful, aside from the most excellent service, aside from the views, there is the comfort, a feeling of home.

The owners and staff welcome you warmly and provide nothing but the best in service.

The rooms are well appointed, extremely comfortable, and each is decorated with the style of different areas of Mexico. I stayed in both the large, grand Guerrero room and the smaller but no less comfortable Chiapas room.

I was made to feel at home every day of my trip. On one day when I didn't feel well, the owner let the staff know, and I was treated like you would treat a sick family member. I was coddled. When I finally felt like I could eat, one of the staff went into town to pick up a pizza for me (comfort food).

The day I left I was driven to the airport only to find out my flights had been canceled and I was stranded (in paradise) for another day. I called the hotel and they came back out and brought me back to stay another night.

I cannot wait to go back.

If you want to experience the best go to Casa Cuitlateca, you will never forget it.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
10  Thank ChazFrench
Reviewed September 2, 2008

This hotel by far is one of the best places to stay in Zihuatanejo. I have stayed at many different luxury places throughout Mexico and the service my wife and I received was unimaginable.

Alfredo and the rest of the 5 employees made our honeymoon a truly memorable and enjoyable stay. We stayed for 8 days and each morning the rooms were cleaned while we ate breakfast, and anything we needed was done for us. They even did my laundry before we left for a few dollars. The true gem of this 5 room hotel is the service. Alfredo, the bell hop, waiter, bartender, and hotel services provider was the reason the stay was first class. Even though he spoke little english, there was hardly a time when conversations between us came to a standstill.

Even between his shifts he took us out for an afternoon touring the countryside taking us to a local coconut farm, 3 different towns, 2 off the beaten path beaches, and a local restaurant on the beach to finish up the day where he use to come when he was a young-man.

We definitely recommend staying her if you want a quieter more relaxing rural feel, while still having a beautiful place to stay with breathtaking views and 1st class service

Thanks Again

Kris Arneson

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kdarneson
Reviewed August 17, 2008

If money were no object and I decided to pick the most spectacular setting in the world to build an intimate, exquisite facility that could meet my every need for a get-away from a hectic life, it would look just like Casa Cuitlateca. We spent 7 nights there and didn't want to leave.

As you approach the facility, either over the swinging bridge or on the pathways and steps of the property, what you see is simply stunning. It takes your breath away. It is like being on top of the world. My husband and I felt this way every time we returned from a walk to Playa La Ropa beach or into town. We couldn't wait to get back from each of our excursions. There is a large deck with lounge chairs with an unobstructed view of Zihuatanejo Bay, the ocean and the town itself.

We stayed in the Oaxaca room, two stories higher than the main deck. The same view could be seen directly from our bed, and also our sitting area and our terrace. One more story higher than our room is a private sun deck with a plunging pool if it gets too hot. Again, this provided even an amplified view.

Our room was spacious, beautiful and comfortable. We felt the prices were very reasonable compared to the two most well-known resorts in the area. With taxes, it came to a little over $300 a night, including breakfast.

Adjacent to the main deck is an infinity pool with small cobblestones making up the surfaces. You can walk straight to the edge, put your elbows up and lean over with the feeling you can touch the bay.

Barbara was a welcoming manager/hostess who was there to help us with any plans. She offered on the phone several times before our arrival to arrange anything special. We accepted her offer to arrange for a dinner the first night of arrival out on the deck. The delicious dinner with a local fish was $65 and included drinks. We had Barbara arrange for us to get an evening pass to the Ixtapa Club Med, which is about 20 minutes by taxi. My husband and I had met there and since this was our anniversary, we wanted to visit it. I thought it was a wonderful evening of food and entertainment there for $60 per person.

Alfredo is the main employee at Casa Cuitlateca and he was an absolute gem. For breakfast he would offer us a full menu and would accommodate any special combinations. He would make drinks from their beautiful bar area and always be around with a smile and kind words. It was like having our own personal valet. He's very willing to help you practice your Spanish and by the end of the week, we considered him a friend. We already miss Alfredo's kind spirit.

The ocean at Playa La Ropa is warm with a white sandy beach and wonderful breaking waves not too far out.

I can't think of one thing I would change about this experience.
Marsha

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tapestries
Reviewed June 9, 2008

My fiance and I had an amazing time at Casa Cuitlateca last month! We had to pinch each other everyday when we woke up to the beautiful view outside our bedroom glass doors! Alfredo, the hotel manager and the rest of the staff were wonderfully accomodating! Anything we needed, Alfredo was there- whether it was a complimentary ride downtown or a wonderful suggestion for dinner (La Cala).
We left Casa Cuitlateca with the feeling of having made such wonderful Mexican friends and having indulged in the slow pace of Mexican time. Our stay at Casa Cuitlateca exceeded the rejuvenating and fun vacation we were hoping for!
We hope our honeymoon can compare!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2008

We arrived at the hotel in the early evening. The driveway is very steep so as the taxi spins its tires trying to get to the top of the hill just keep saying to yourself the view must be unreal...There is no formal entrance so cross the foot bridge and just to the right of the infinity pool is the bar. Someone will be in ear shot to help you check in.

Since the hotel only has five rooms there is no need for a bellman, doorman, front desk clerk...instead you will be treated to four Truely Amazing staff members...There is one cook who makes all the meals including the free breakfast included in the price of the room...and trust us there is no need to go anywhere else for desayuno. Fresh fruit, eggs many styles, meats, and the traditional refried beans along with fresh squeezed juice...and its all on the menu, so you choose what you want... A great way to start the day in Zihuatanejo!!!

The waiter is also your go to guy during the day...anything you need help with just ask. Moving your luggage, towels for the pool, drinks from the bar, and when in need of a late night chocolate fix he even drove us into town to the supermarket for our fine chocolate! Now that's service!!!

The Senorita that cleans the rooms was great too...you go down to the deck to eat breakfast and when you return to the room 20 minutes later it's sparkling!

Now onto the rooms: World Class Views of Playa Madera and and the rest of Zihua Bay! River rock shower! Great Beds! Ultra Clean! Hammock on the patio! Can't say enough about the quality and comfort...it's as good as any four star hotel I've stayed in and I'm an airline employee so I've seen my fair share of hotels.

Because Casa Cuitlateca is up on the hill it requires the climbing of 50 or so steps to get down to the road, but the hotel grounds are beautiful with ponds, waterfalls, and great gardens. It takes 15 minutes to walk to Playa La Ropa the main beach in town and 5 minutes to get to Playa Madera... if you are in ok condition the walk is no big deal and if you prefer, a taxi will take you all the way into town for only $2.50 U.S.

This hotel exceeded our expectations from the room, to the view, to the food, and best of all the service!!! It's very peaceful so if you are looking for the disco nearby this is not your type of place. Pull out a good book, sit on the deck under the palapa by the pool and waterfalls, and enjoy the best view in Zihuatanejo.

This great little hotel and its people will leave you with a feeling of cultural experience and relaxing vacation all in one!!!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple