We could not have been more amazed by Casa Cuitlateca. They communicated well by email prior to our arrival, had a staff member waiting at the airport to secure us a taxi, and provided the most fantastic service for our entire stay. Amador, Ricardo, and Elena all went above and beyond. Amador helped me practice my Spanish / arranged private transportation to El Refugio de Potosi, Barra de Potosi, and the Xihuacan Museum & Archaeological Site / made a special local "cure" beverage for my husband when he fell ill from bad abalone at a restaurant in Potosi / mixed up some incredible cocktails / and provided great company. Ricardo was also great company and even made us churros from scratch one night because he knew we were craving them. Elena and Silvia, the chefs, create the most wonderful meals in their beautiful little open-air kitchen: tiritas (fish "cooked" in lime juice), mahi-mahi filets, and so much more. The vegetables are all disinfected, so we had the pleasure of eating quite a few salads as well (a rarity in Mexico!). The complimentary breakfast included every morning is so much more than you would expect: as many items as you want from a great menu, including huevos rancheros, waffles, and just about everything in between. As other travelers have mentioned, the location is amazing. The hotel sits high on the hillside overlooking the whole of Zihuatanejo bay. There isn't a better place in the whole area to watch the sun set, and at Casa Cuitlateca, you can watch from your private balcony, from the deck while eating dinner, or even from the fresh-water infinity pool with a cocktail in hand. A variety of local wildlife enhance the experience even more, with encounters ranging from geckos, frogs, and large goldfish to chachalacas, hummingbirds - and even a crab! The hike to and from town is quite steep, but with the amount of decadent food and drink we consumed on this trip, we needed and appreciated the exercise. We had no idea just how wonderful Casa Cuitlateca would be, and it didn't sink in until about the second or third day that we really had found paradise. We were so lucky and can't WAIT to go back. On this visit, we stayed in the Oaxaca room, which we loved, and we look forward to staying in the new Jalisco room next time. Every room is beautiful and well-appointed. You will have everything you could ever need during your time at Casa Cuitlateca. The management should hang onto Amador, Ricardo, and Elena - they are the very best and made us feel right at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Cuitlateca has just 5 suites, all stunning, four with private balcony or patio. Our hotel is known best for its intimacy and excellent, personal service. Casa Cuitlateca is the perfect place for couples looking for a romantic getaway. Relax, and let yourself be pampered by our excellent staff. We offer a fabulous ala carte breakfast, free of charge. For your convenience, we have round-the-clock food and beverage service, as well as room service at no extra charge. Come and see why Casa Cuitlateca has the highest rating (97%) on TripAdvisor for all hotels in Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa. This is not by chance. We work hard everyday to make your experience the very best it can be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa Cuitlateca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Cuitlateca Zihuatanejo
- Casa Cuitlateca Hotel Zihuatanejo