“beautiful spot, nice small hotel with great staff”
Review of Casa Cuitlateca

Casa Cuitlateca
Ranked #28 of 78 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Spent three nights with my wife here last week, really enjoyed the place. Nice rooms, great views, and the staff very warm and friendly. Restaurant provides very nice home cook style Mexican food. I had the shrimp with garlic three nights running as it was so nice. The waiters Amador and Ricardo were very helpful and the cooks Silvia and Helena just great. I asked Silvia to marry me just based on her cooking. She is so cheerful you can hear her laugh across the property. One minor downside is music noise at night from a bar way downtown - the bay carries the sound across. Not limited to this hotel, we stayed at Casa que Canta across the street and the same issue. Think most people get used to it, I am fussy.

Room Tip: We liked the Oaxaca room for the location, view and decor
Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at Casa Cuitlateca in October 2012. I have stalled on posting a review because I almost didn't want our secret to get out. This was the most beautiful, relaxing place I’ve ever stayed. When we arrived at the airport there was a group of men yelling at all the arriving passengers. I had no idea what they wanted but Amador was there to guide us away from them and help us get a taxi. They apparently were salesmen associated with timeshares. The hotel is on the side of a hill and if you're not in shape to navigate the steps you better look elsewhere or plan to use taxis. We had no problem with it and enjoyed being up high. It reminded us of the Swiss Family Robinson tree house. We stayed in the Guerrero room which has a totally private patio and a beautiful view of the bay. There are no tv's in the rooms but there is one in the common area and my husband would watch tv there before I got up. He said Amador would always materialize and offer to bring him coffee. Silvia's cooking is fantastic. My husband loved her pozole and wants me to try and duplicate it which is pretty much impossible. We're definitely planning a trip back so he can get some more. We're not people who go clubbing or who are interested in nightlife. We walked to the beach most days, swam and sunbathed for half the day then went back to the hotel and lounged in the beautiful infinity pool and just watched the world go by. This was our idea of pure bliss. We came home totally relaxed and happy. Thank you Terry, Amador, Silvia and everybody else for making our first vacation together in Zihuatanejo a fabulous experience. We think we want to retire in Zihua. Seriously.

Room Tip: There are only five rooms in this hotel and at least one is interior view only. No view of the bay...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I can't think of another vacation that we have had, where everything fell into place so effortlessly.
We had read many positive reviews of Casa Cuitlateca, but even so, we were unprepared for the actual beauty of the setting, amenties of the rooms, superb views, excellent food and most of all, the genuine professional and warm reception of all members of the staff. Without doubt, this is the place to come back to time and time again. I almost feel like not saying anything, so it remains a secret!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a beautiful view and very authentic Mexican decor. Spacious and well-appointed.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I would love to keep this place a secret and not tell everyone how wonderful the experience at Casa Cuitlateca . This is our fourth visit and everytime, I feel like I am visiting some great friends and they are catering to my every needs. Everyone working there treats you like you are there best friend. The food prepared, by Sylvia and Alena is amazing. You have to ask to have a special dinner to be prepared for you in the evening on the balcony overlooking the bay - you will never be disappointed. I can't thank everyone at Casa Cuitiateca for making our stay a magical experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
marathon24, Owner at Casa Cuitlateca, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Hi Chrisann and David,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I can't tell you how proud the staff feels when they receive a great review like yours. It seems they become even more invested in the guests' experience. Sylvia and Elena were all smiles when I read it to them.

I also take a great deal of satisfaction when our guests tell me how much they have enjoyed their stay here at Casa Cuitlateca.

It was great to see you again, and we all look forward to having you back. Take care.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

There aren't enough superlatives to properly describe how wonderful our visits to Casa Cuitlateca have been. So the best way to get the point across is to say that we have stayed there three years in a row, and each year we end up adding a week to the next year's reservation. This year we hopped up next year's reservation to five weeks. And THAT won't be long enough! Basically, we adore everything about the place. The setting is a feast for the eyes, the landscaping is exquisite, the view of the bay is jawdroppingly beautiful, and the moment you set foot on the property your blood pressure drops...a lot! And then the pampering starts....the staff is amazing. Adorable, embracing, accommodating, willing to go out of their way to fill requests...they will do almost anything to make you happy. Amador, Silvia, Ricardo, Elena, Yanni, Mirian, Angelica...we are so grateful! Thank You! Did I mention the food??? From the huge breakfasts , to the fantastic specials, to the a la carte menu....why go anywhere else to eat? Sitting under the stars, gazing at the twinkling lights of Zihuatanejo, and enjoying the most tasty red snapper EVER....well...there aren't sufficient words to describe it! Oh, and about the room... We stay in the Guerro room. Gorgeous big room, huge patio with table, chairs, recliners and a hammock, all facing a heart stopping view of the bay and Madera Beach. The King size bed is super comfy, the decor charming and the room is very private. To sum it all up, we love the hotel, we love the staff, we love the food, we love the beaches, we love the scenery, we love the town of Zihuatanejo, and we especially love the owner, Terry, who not only makes sure we have a super vacation, but is great fun to be around as well. Yup, Casa Cuitlateca may not be the Garden of Eden, but it comes mighty close!!!
Nancy and Jerry Slocum
Minneapolis, MN

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jerry S
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We spent 5 days here and everything was unmatched in quality, service, and the VIEW was incredible. The architecture is like you are in a jungle tree house of luxury. The food from the kitchen is amazing and the pool is perfectly refreshing. You pretty much don't have to leave if you don't want to go to beach. The town of Zihua is also very charming with lots of local flavors to choose from for food. We loved it so much that we are already planning our return in a few months!

2  Thank Adam N
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The view wow!!!!!! 10 minutes walking distance to 2 beaches (La Ropa on the left is nicer). Good restaurants at 4 minutes walking... Pool pretty incedible but very cold....... Good service, the food, the dinner is not has good as expected for that kind of place....
The only down side is sometime you loose your privecy because they let strangers come to have a drink near the pool for them to enjoy OUR view!!!!

Room Tip: La puebla nice bay view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple