Just got back from 5 days in Zihuatanejo. Fell in love with the town. This hotel is 10 minutes walk from the City Center and the last hotel on the South end before you have to climb the hill. It is located on both sides of the road. We stayed in a room on the 'other' side of the street, so we had to cross the street in order to get to the beach. Very quiet street, so no big deal. Both sides have a pool. There are plenty of lounges on the lawn above the beach, overlooking the water. The water is fairly shallow for a long ways out. Lots of little kids playing in the water. Beautiful cove with colorful buildings all around. Plenty of sailboats anchored farther out.
I walked to the fish market on the beach every morning. Just a hive of activity at 8 in the morning. Lots of restaurants close by including a nice restaurant in the hotel for breakfast and lunch where everything is made from scratch. Make sure you go to the Italian restaurant at the hotel next door. Really excellent food. The Bistro down the beach is nice as well, but pricier. 30 pesos to take the taxi into town if you don't want to walk.
It always blows me away how many taxis and buses there are in Mexico, and cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Villas Miramar is a small boutique hotel perfect for families and/or couples. It is located in La Madera Beach zone at Zihuatanejo, which makes it easy to walk through the main beaches or downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villas Miramar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Miramar Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Miramar Hotel Zihuatanejo