The Catalina isn't the newest or the splashiest resort on Playa La Ropa, but it is authentic, charming, and friendly. We stayed in a Loma Linda suite, and it was clean and well taken care of. We weren't able to use the balcony because it was so hot outside, but the view was breathtaking, and I'm sure it would be lovely during the cooler months.
We loved the restaurant, particularly the breakfasts, and we decided that they had the best chips in guacamole in all of Zihuat. The Sunset bar was delightful and the view couldn't be beat (along with 2 for 1 margaritas).
We were lucky enough to be at the hotel when they released all of the baby sea turtles into the sea that the staff had been caring for. I'll never forget the sight of those tiny creatures making their way into the Pacific Ocean.
The staff was also very tolerant of my bad Spanish, and they pretended like they could understand me, unlike the folks in Mexico City.
I recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for a hotel with an authentic, non-corporate feel, is able to walk 200+ steps uphill, and is tolerant of a few cosmetic flaws like rebar, in-house lizards, and slightly dated decor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- spectacular sunsets are seen from the comfort of your hammock ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Catalina Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Beach Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Catalina Beach Zihuatanejo