Villa del Sol Resort(Zihuatanejo)(Great Value!)
$271
Official Website
Aura del Mar Hotel(Zihuatanejo)(Great Value!)
$132
$68
  • Pool
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

La Casa Que Canta(Zihuatanejo)
$446
Bookit.com
$136
$114
  • Breakfast included
Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
$200
$131
Emporio Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
$64
$57
  • Breakfast included
Las Brisas Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
$120
$70
Bookit.com
Embarc Zihuatanejo(Zihuatanejo)(Great Value!)
$108
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

All reviewssunset baron la ropa beachair conditioningprivate section of the beachceiling fanlounge chairsinfinity poolthe hotel's restaurantfiltered waterrestaurants within walking distancemexican holidayquaint hotelview of the baygreat beachworked greatzihuatanejo baymini fridge
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We did not book this hotel for ourselves. It was booked for us by a relative and we were a little reluctant to stay here. This hotel has a lot of stairs just like many of the hotels in Zihuatanejo. It is on La Ropa beach which is very pretty. However, the rooms are completely outdated and the beds are very hard. My husband, who rarely complains, had to turn around and sleep with his head at the foot of the bed. Our room didnt have AC but some of the rooms do. We looked at an upgraded room and decided it was best to switch hotels. If you want beachfront and don't mind a hard bed for a reasonable price, then maybe this hotel will work for you. We moved to Aura del Mar and were very happy.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms do have AC
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
13  Thank Colleen D
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed in Playa Suite 19- March 16- 25
hotel was hardly occupied at beginning of trip and nearing the end almost full
-Poor Internet Connection but only Playa Suite with connection
-Closest room to the beach
-Great location on La ropa
-Lots of stairs but so worth the views
-Sunset bar 2 for 1 5PM-8PM (most amazing view)
-AC works great
-Room was clean, great lanai and view!
-Mattresses- hard as a rock!
-Food is great! (tuna tacos, best pina coladas on the beach)
-WILL BE BACK FOR SURE!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank tropigal8
Reviewed March 25, 2013

It was the first time went had visited Zihuatanejo. My husband does not like Mexico very much but we will be returning there again next year. It was not very crowded and the food was very good. The staff are very helpful and kind. We have met people that have returning every year since the 80's.
It is a little rustic but very quiet. We had a huge "lanai" with 2 hammocks. Very private.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the hacienda because they do not have air conditioning.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elaine T
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Not handicap friendly. Steps to take you to everywhere you want to go. No elevators. By the time I climbed the 92 steps from my room to the restaurant to get the only available filtered water/ice and back down the 92 steps...my ice was melted! Yes, I DID COUNT THE STEPS. From the lobby to the beach = 231 steps! No ac in my room. windows with screens(holes) Take bug spray to protect yourself! The food was good. The beach is one of the prettiest in the area. I would go back for the beach. but will stay somewhere else! The place might be better after the remodel.

Room Tip: Ask for room with air conditioner!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
11  Thank PennyT2262
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I just returned from another stay at the Catalina. Our first visit there was in the mid 70's. Not sure how many times we have been there, but it is the only place we have gone back to and had the same experience as the first visit. We travel to many different places, staying in everything from one to five star locations, but every few years, we just have to go back. This is my favorite--just feels like home. There are certainly newer and fancier hotels/resorts in the area, but I'm not about to move. It is one of the older locations, and perhaps there are better beds and maybe it takes a few minutes for the hot water to get to the shower, but the location, view, staff, service and other friendly visitors more than make up for whatever may be lacking.
We stayed in the older part of the hotel, where we have always stayed. In the last few years new, very modern rooms have been added, and others remodeled. Perhaps these would be a better choice for some who might be a little more particular, but for me, I will take my old room, #36.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family