“Wow!”

Ranked #6 of 80 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
New Jersey
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

Low key and luxurious....impeccable service...unpretentious...heaven!

This review has been a long time coming. One of my New Year's Resolutions was to be sure to post my impressions of this wonderful resort. Let me start off by saying that I'm in the travel industry and it takes a lot to "wow" me, but the Tides Zihua did just that. I had the privilege of staying at the property with my daughter the end of March for 5 nights. I have to say that our visit here was the highlight of 2010. Now in the midst of winter, I so wish I was back there.

Zihuatanejo is easily accessible from the East Coast. The hotel is a quick transfer from the airport. Staff greets you as you arrive...even the General Manager! In room check-in...pitcher of fragrant tea delivered to your suite soon after arrival. The Lagoon Suite- to die for...private plunge pool in an expansive open-air living room area. Complimentary coffee/tea service delivered to you every morning at your requested time. The food is good...you can get typical American fare for breakfast (loved it!) and delicious wraps and such for lunch. Our meal at La Marea (the more eclectic dinner menu at the resort), was very good. Meals- both breakfast and lunch- can be set up by your beach palapa with a table set with linens...no plastic here! The drinks at the resort were yum, yum, yummy! The resort is set on a swimmable beach...waves are present. I was surprised to see turquoise water...not the blue, blue clear water of the Caribbean...but much better than other Pacific Coast destinations. The beach was lovely...an expansive stretch around the bay. The resort has a private area set off with a step down to the public beach. The resort was quiet in the evening which was fine by us. They did have a beach buffet with entertainment on Friday night...but we went out to a fabulous restaurant overlooking Zihua Bay that evening. This was the pleasant surprise of our stay- there are some truly NYC caliber restaurants in the area. I'm glad that we ventured out as this was our first visit to Zihua, but I have to say that I loved coming back "home". That's how welcoming this resort is. The resort staff-and there is an abundance- are eager to pamper and please. They are super friendly and will accommodate your every request. We had absolutely no language issues. The resort is family friendly, but if you are traveling as a couple, there is an "adults only" pool and they do enforce the rule. The resort is so peaceful. There's no blaring music anywhere. If you're the active sort, the resort has tennis courts and a very nice gym. I really can't say enough about the property. The setting of the resort is amazing...lush foliage...it seems deceptively large...but it's not. I liked the intimacy of the Tides- 70 rooms/suites...you never really see anyone except at the beach. All in all, this was one of the best vacations I've had. The weather was phenomenal. I truly hated to leave. This is a new Mexico for me. It's far removed from the all-inclusive one gets to know staying in the Riviera Maya. I am forever grateful for the opportunity to experience the Tides Zihuatanejo. It's a trip that I will long remember. The Tides is simply that fabulous!

• Stayed March 2010
4 Thank fourmine
CBdelaM, General Manager at Viceroy Zihuatanejo, responded to this review, January 12, 2011
Dear Mr./Mrs. Fourmine,

I want to thank you for your detailed review about your recent stay.

It is so inspiring to all of us to learn how much you enjoyed while being with us and by experiencing what The The Tides Zihuatanejo is all about.

I do certainly hope to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future. Please do contact me when you plan to return and I will take care of your reservations arrangements.

Again, thank you and best wishes,

Carlos Blanco
carlos.blanco@thetidesresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2010

Its an amazing hotel, the best part are the facilities.. pools in every room and huge common pools. The view its incredible and the service is quite efficient.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
CBdelaM, General Manager at Viceroy Zihuatanejo, responded to this review, December 28, 2010
Dear Mr./Mrs. Amagaona,

We appreciate for the time you took to send your review related to your recent stay.

It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed the facilities including the pool in your suite. Sunsets are just breathtaking and service is provided in a genuine way that we appreciate you could experience it.

We look forward to your return and in the meantime we wish you the very best in the New Year 2011.

Carlos Blanco
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2010

My wife and I celebrated our wedding during a 5-day visit with 40 friends, most of which also stayed at Tides with us. We had picked the resort largely based on reviews from this site, so we were basically taking an educated shot in the dark. Since we live in Shanghai, we planned the event, scheduled activities for our guests and made nearly all the logistical arrangements through various conference calls and e-mails with Annahi, their on-site wedding coordinator. She was incredibly diligent and accommodating throughout the process and executed everything down to the smallest details.

The beach suite we stayed in was rustic and romantic, but had nearly every convenience imaginable. If it wasn't at your fingertips, the staff could provide anything at a moment's notice. Our welcome dinner took place on the beach outside their restaurant and the food ranged from good to very good with excellent service and atmosphere. However, our wedding dinner was even better. They set up the yoga pavilion for dining, a lounge with a firepit and a dance floor beyond the lounge, allowing us to party until midnight without disturbing (we hope) other guests. The food was excellent to superb.

It's very difficult for me to think of anything we would have improved. Though expensive, the final tab was more than reasonable given the level of quality and service. We had nothing but rave reviews from every one of our guests as well. Thank you for making our wedding so memorable and thanks again to Annahi for covering all the bases and then some.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gtc201
CBdelaM, General Manager at Viceroy Zihuatanejo, responded to this review, December 7, 2010
Dear Mr. gtc201,

Thank you very much for your detailed review in regards to your recent stay at The Tides Zihuatanejo.

We are honored that you have travelled from so far and selected our resort to celebrate your wedding. It fills us with joy to know that everything came out as expected; from the accommodations and wedding venue to your group activities arrangements and I appreciate you were pleased with the service you received from Annahi as she was happy to have assisted you with your events requirements.

We wish you all the best for the many wonderful years ahead and look forward to your anniversaries celebration with us.

Warm regards,

California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

We had an excellent stay at the Tides where everyone was very friendly.
The hotel has lounge chairs on the beach, and they have showere for rinsing after swimming so you don't have to bring sand into your room.
The infinity pool is beautiful, the restaurants were delicious.
The location was perfect, it was very easy to go downtown with a cab which took 10mns.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
CBdelaM, General Manager at Viceroy Zihuatanejo, responded to this review, December 6, 2010
Dear Mr./Ms. Jellobe,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent experience at The Tides Zihuatanejo.

As you mention, the resort is ideally located not only from a short drive of Zihuatanejo downtown but also on the best area of La Ropa beach, being perfect for admire breathtaking sunsets. I am glad you enjoyed it all.

I look forward to your visit again and I want to take this opportunity to wish you a healthy and prosperous New Year.

Best wishes from all of us here at The Tides Zihuatanejo.

NAPA, CALIFORNIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty......Fabian gave us the grand tour of the property ending in our beautiful room........the check-in process is accomplished in our suite with refreshments in a casual atmosphere.......what could be better - there is no waiting and cooling our heels in the lobby.......this is something new with five star properties - - !!! The beach, bars, restaurants and pools were spotlessly clean with smiling, couteous staff there to assist you !!!! By the way, seek out Ruben - - he is the best.....and was there to help us at every turn!!! Our last night was spent dining on the beach - - the food was exceptional (try the rack of lamb... & ceasar salad).....we are already planning our next trip in 2011......The Connolly's and Smith's......

with the

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr/Mrs. Vickiebentley,

I want to start by thanking for your nice comments in regards to your recent stay at The Tides Zihuatanejo.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed the facilities along with the service provided by the staff specially from Fabian and Ruben who you mentioned and who are genuine in what they do.

Dinners on the beach are certainly a must at the resort, the romantic atmosphere and culinary innovations offered every night are something worth to experience; happy that you did.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, in the mean time please receive my best wishes for a wonderful Holiday Season.

Best regards,

northeast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

We went to the Tides for our honeymoon after reading the glowing reviews on Trip Advisor, and we were not disappointed. The resort is indeed beautiful. And we can definitely confirm that the lagoon suites with their own pools are incredibly romantic. The food was always fresh and delicious. But that's not even the best part. The service was outstanding. You will not find better service anywhere. The staff is friendly, helpful, and always a joy to be around. We paid a little extra to have the hotel send a taxi to pick us up at the airport, and the honeymoon was off to a good start when Fabian met us at the airport to welcome us and guide us in. The front desk staff, Louis and Sylvia were always friendly and helpful. Eloy, the concierge, gave great recommendations for outside dining and sights. And Fillipe and Hector were a blast on the beach. (sorry for all the other staffers whose names we forgot here).

Even though you never need to leave the resort for good food, we definitely recommend eating out at Tentacione for at least one romantic night out. And downtown, Banditos was authentic good food. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Tides. You'll love it as much as we did.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
CBdelaM, General Manager at Viceroy Zihuatanejo, responded to this review, October 19, 2010
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Gageorge2000,

First of all, thank you for have choosen our resort for celebrating such a special event as a honeymoon is.

I appreciate for sharing your experience about your stay and for taking the time to mention the service provided by our staff as comments like yours are really motivating to them.

I hope you can visit us in your anniversary, will be happy to make the arrangements for you.

Cordially,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

We travel to Mexico a few times a year and I like to research and find new and better places to stay, well the only resort that i have returned to four times is the Tides. The rooms are clean and very comfortable, the beach is good for walking, the grounds are very pretty, and for Mexico the food is good. Best food I have had in a resort so far and the service is excellent.White linen tablecloth, with the beach at your feet, It dosnt get much better than that.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Ms. Micheelg,

I want to thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay at The Tides Zihuatanejo. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed our services and facilities and certainly was a pleasure to have had you with us.

I hope your travels continue bringing you back to our resort, and in the meantime please receive our best wishes from all of us here at The Tides Zihuatanejo.

Sincerely yours,