Low key and luxurious....impeccable service...unpretentious...heaven!
This review has been a long time coming. One of my New Year's Resolutions was to be sure to post my impressions of this wonderful resort. Let me start off by saying that I'm in the travel industry and it takes a lot to "wow" me, but the Tides Zihua did just that. I had the privilege of staying at the property with my daughter the end of March for 5 nights. I have to say that our visit here was the highlight of 2010. Now in the midst of winter, I so wish I was back there.
Zihuatanejo is easily accessible from the East Coast. The hotel is a quick transfer from the airport. Staff greets you as you arrive...even the General Manager! In room check-in...pitcher of fragrant tea delivered to your suite soon after arrival. The Lagoon Suite- to die for...private plunge pool in an expansive open-air living room area. Complimentary coffee/tea service delivered to you every morning at your requested time. The food is good...you can get typical American fare for breakfast (loved it!) and delicious wraps and such for lunch. Our meal at La Marea (the more eclectic dinner menu at the resort), was very good. Meals- both breakfast and lunch- can be set up by your beach palapa with a table set with linens...no plastic here! The drinks at the resort were yum, yum, yummy! The resort is set on a swimmable beach...waves are present. I was surprised to see turquoise water...not the blue, blue clear water of the Caribbean...but much better than other Pacific Coast destinations. The beach was lovely...an expansive stretch around the bay. The resort has a private area set off with a step down to the public beach. The resort was quiet in the evening which was fine by us. They did have a beach buffet with entertainment on Friday night...but we went out to a fabulous restaurant overlooking Zihua Bay that evening. This was the pleasant surprise of our stay- there are some truly NYC caliber restaurants in the area. I'm glad that we ventured out as this was our first visit to Zihua, but I have to say that I loved coming back "home". That's how welcoming this resort is. The resort staff-and there is an abundance- are eager to pamper and please. They are super friendly and will accommodate your every request. We had absolutely no language issues. The resort is family friendly, but if you are traveling as a couple, there is an "adults only" pool and they do enforce the rule. The resort is so peaceful. There's no blaring music anywhere. If you're the active sort, the resort has tennis courts and a very nice gym. I really can't say enough about the property. The setting of the resort is amazing...lush foliage...it seems deceptively large...but it's not. I liked the intimacy of the Tides- 70 rooms/suites...you never really see anyone except at the beach. All in all, this was one of the best vacations I've had. The weather was phenomenal. I truly hated to leave. This is a new Mexico for me. It's far removed from the all-inclusive one gets to know staying in the Riviera Maya. I am forever grateful for the opportunity to experience the Tides Zihuatanejo. It's a trip that I will long remember. The Tides is simply that fabulous!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cool garden waterfalls, enchanted lagoons and elegant adobe-inspired villas nestle along one of Mexico's premier beaches to make up the romantic Viceroy Zihuatanejo. 46 Guestrooms and suites afford stunning garden and ocean views across a tranquil beach. Relaxed contentment is made complete with award winning Mexican as well as Pacific Seafood cuisine, 3 swimming pools including a spectacular seaside infinity pool, an intimate spa and superb service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Viceroy Zihuatanejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Zihuatanejo Hotel Zihuatanejo
- The Tides Hotel Zihuatanejo
- The Tides Resort Zihuatanejo
- Villa Del Sol Zihuatanejo
- Tides Zihuatanejo