My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights over Labor day weekend, and it was great. We stayed in LS 16--good location and very private porch area. The bed was comfy and A/C worked well. The food was plentiful and good. I am very thankful that we got the meal plan, though. Our trick was sleeping late, eating a big breakfast around 11:00 so we stayed full until dinner.
Both restaurants were equally nice, but La Cantina had the best view of the beach. The beach and water were good, but the water and sand in the Caribbean is better.
Zihuatanejo was a great little town--the most picturesque place! You can't imagine it--you need to go see for yourself. The hills surrounding the bay with the homes and small hotels built into the lush landscape is captivating.
The number one selling point for me with VDS over La Casa Que Canta and Amuletto was the proximity to the beach--and I am SO glad I chose VDS just for this reason!
By the way, the staff were exceptionally friendly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cool garden waterfalls, enchanted lagoons and elegant adobe-inspired villas nestle along one of Mexico's premier beaches to make up the romantic Villa del Sol Resort, Zihuatanejo, A Destination Luxury Hotel ocean views across a tranquil beach. Relaxed contentment is made complete with award winning Mexican as well as Pacific Seafood cuisine, 3 swimming pools including a spectacular seaside infinity pool, an intimate spa and superb service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa del Sol Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Zihuatanejo Hotel Zihuatanejo
- The Tides Hotel Zihuatanejo
- The Tides Resort Zihuatanejo
- Villa Del Sol Zihuatanejo
- Tides Zihuatanejo