This is a really nice hotel. Probably the nicest on the beach (La Playa Ropa). Good staff, great pool, great location. But why so expensive? Much, much more than our typical stays at 4 and 5 star hotels worldwide. As nice as it is, I just couldn't find the justification for the high prices. i.e.: 75USD for a mediocre bottle of pinot, 25USD for fish tacos? at lunch? These are small but quantifiable examples.
The Viceroy Hotel Group needs to rethink this, IMO. Its still in Mexico, guys. Not Nice or Cannes or Capri or Tahiti....
Nicer rooms, menus for less money just a brief cab ride away. But you will have to trade beachfront for hillside with tremendous views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cool garden waterfalls, enchanted lagoons and elegant adobe-inspired villas nestle along one of Mexico's premier beaches to make up the romantic Viceroy Zihuatanejo. 46 Guestrooms and suites afford stunning garden and ocean views across a tranquil beach. Relaxed contentment is made complete with award winning Mexican as well as Pacific Seafood cuisine, 3 swimming pools including a spectacular seaside infinity pool, an intimate spa and superb service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, JackRabbit Systems, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Viceroy Zihuatanejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Zihuatanejo Hotel Zihuatanejo
- The Tides Hotel Zihuatanejo
- The Tides Resort Zihuatanejo
- Villa Del Sol Zihuatanejo
- Tides Zihuatanejo