We have been coming to this property for many years. Originally it was the Villa Del Sol. With each management change the charm and ambiance of the property has lost a few points. Little touches have slowly disappeared under the guise of cost savings for each new management portfolio. Don't get me wrong, the place is still beautiful, but the hands on management style of the original owner and manager has disappeared. The beach is still the best beach in the area and the restaurant still provides an excellent meal, but the lack of something extra is seen in the reduction of occupancy over the last few years.
Will we still return? Probably , Will we still have fond memories of the old times, definitely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cool garden waterfalls, enchanted lagoons and elegant adobe-inspired villas nestle along one of Mexico's premier beaches to make up the romantic Viceroy Zihuatanejo. 46 Guestrooms and suites afford stunning garden and ocean views across a tranquil beach. Relaxed contentment is made complete with award winning Mexican as well as Pacific Seafood cuisine, 3 swimming pools including a spectacular seaside infinity pool, an intimate spa and superb service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Viceroy Zihuatanejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Zihuatanejo Hotel Zihuatanejo
- The Tides Hotel Zihuatanejo
- The Tides Resort Zihuatanejo
- Villa Del Sol Zihuatanejo
- Tides Zihuatanejo