Villa del Sol Resort
Bookit.com
$157
$125
  • Breakfast included
Gamma de Fiesta Inn Plaza Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
$41
Hotel Irma(Zihuatanejo)(Great Value!)
$68
$54
  • Breakfast included
Catalina Beach Resort(Zihuatanejo)(Great Value!)
$57
Emporio Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
$98
$61
  • Pool
Las Brisas Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
$120
$70
  • Pool
$272
$169
$375
$263
Pacifica Resort Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
$156
$135
Hotels.com
All reviewsbeach suiteviceroy zihuatanejoplunge poolcoral barour honeymoonevery morningcoffee and pastriesdinner on the beachlounge chairstennis courtsbeach servicebeautiful beachthe entire staffthe general manageramazing resortdeep sea fishingromantic getaway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We enjoyed our time at Viceroy Zijuatanejo. We were greeted with a mint infused cool wash clothe, as it was very hot and humid. That was a nice touch. We then had a tour of the facilities, then we were brought up to our room. (We stayed in the Pent House, with the pool, sitting area, one king bed, and outdoor bathroom vanity.) We then had tall glasses of hibiscus lemonade delivered to our room (complimentary). Which was great, because we were SO hot and thirsty! We scheduled a time for our coffee service, and it showed up at the exact time every morning. Our wifi worked great in our room, full bars.

One thing I did not realize about the pent house, was that the bathroom is in an outside area connected to the bedroom. So when you shower...you can see the resort property, and the only thing keeping the world out is a row of palm leaves. I am sure nobody can see, but I showered in my swimsuit the first day just in case! You can't see anything if you are standing below, but I am pretty modest and it took me a day to acclimate to this.

This was a perfect getaway for our 10th anniversary, the service was excellent and waited for nothing! At all times there was someone there, waiting to help. If they were engaged with someone else, when they helped us there was an apology for the wait. At one breakfast, there were 3 people serving and clearing our table. This was above and beyond my expectations. We also really enjoyed the poolside, and beach service. If we wanted anything, all we had to do was raise the flag by our cabana and someone was there within moments.

The resort was better than we expected. There was a beautiful view everywhere you look. Even outside of the workout facility there was a large blooming flower bush that butterflies where swarming around. The views were spectacular, from our room, by the pool, and at both beachside restaurants. The room was very clean, the pool on our patio with the lounge chair was one of our favorite parts of the room. We will definitely be back. Although next time around we will give ourselves more time to navigate LAX for our return flight. We had 1 hour to make our connecting flight and we barely made it. We flew Alaska airlines, and they were great.

Room Tip: The pent house we stayed in had an air conditioned room, then an outdoor patio, and outdoor bathroom connected to the main bedroom.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeanine A
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I and a friend stayed at Viceroy Zihuantanejo for three weeks in July. It is a spectacular resort on a beautiful beach in a stunning harbor. We stayed in a Casita which was a very pretty room! The resort has great amenities, is exceedingly safe. The restaurants on the beach are a great treat! Most importantly we received great service from staff that I would like to acknowledge. Lucio, Alfredo and Salvador were wonderful! They took time to learn our likes and dislikes and offered great service. Lucy the Parrot was a wonderful treat! The maid leaving flowers decorated on the pillow was truly sweet! I highly recommend and again thank you to the wonderful staff!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank lindsey b
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We enjoyed a gorgeous stay at the Viceroy Zihuatanejo. The staff was so incredibly friendly, and knew us by name within the day. Our room was clean, spacious and crisply decorated. Food and drinks were delicious, the pool areas were clean and not over-crowded, and the location right on the beach is ideal for hopping from pool to ocean. Highly recommend it!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ECVtraveler
Martin K, General Manager at Villa del Sol Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear ECVTraveler,
thank you very much for your nice comments about the property and employees which I will certainly share. Congratulations again on your honeymoon, hopefully we will be able to welcome you back son to tranquil Zihuatanejo.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The Viceroy Zihua is an excellent property and the service is great. Be aware of the following. When you arrive, your room won't be ready, you'll be shuffled to the main restaurant so you can spend some cash eating. It seemed shady.

The WiFi is nearly non-existent. It worked in the room...but only if you sat upright in one spot alone on the sofa. When we asked for it to be fixed, they brought in a non-working WiFi/Cat 5 unit that still did not work.

Lastly, when they say they have a iHome in every room; they don't don't. When you ask for one, it won't work with you iPod 5 series.

Other than this, the place is great and the people are great.

Breakfast is included...but they didn't tell us. We found out randomly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank UKTrojan69

Dear UKTroyan69,
thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We are in the process of upgrading our Internet capacity which will be hopefully accomplished within the next couple of days, My apology for your experience with the Internet. I appreciate that you had an overall great stay with us, hope to see you back soon....

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Hotel is quite lovely but is not so well cleaned up and maintained.
I really loved the place the architecture. Really cool place but for the price and the chain it belongs to expectations were not achieved. My husband and I went there to have a weekend off and service was not quite outstanding, pool had a lot of sand it was not very well cleaned. When we made the check out they charged us 20 usd as gratuity for the staff per night, thing that we were not advise when doing the check in. I do support gratuity when service is great but not when it is not. I heard more NO's than YES's really important thing to listen when u are travelling not only for leisure but as well for business. At the end in this kind of hotels service is everything, there are a lot of good hotels out there that charges less and have better service.

Room Tip: Do not pay for lagoon view as it is only a fountain view and as i heard this rooms were 600usd more dollars per night.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ana H
Martin K, General Manager at Villa del Sol Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Anaa H,

Thank you very much for your feedback, I will certainly continue to work on any maintenance or cleanliness issues of the resort, my apology for the sand in the pool.
10 % service charge is automatically added at the end of your stay to the rooms, my apology if you have not been informed about this prior to your arrival or at check in.
My apology for the service challenges you experienced, I hope that we will be able to show you our better side in the future.

Warm regards