The Viceroy Zihua is an excellent property and the service is great. Be aware of the following. When you arrive, your room won't be ready, you'll be shuffled to the main restaurant so you can spend some cash eating. It seemed shady.
The WiFi is nearly non-existent. It worked in the room...but only if you sat upright in one spot alone on the sofa. When we asked for it to be fixed, they brought in a non-working WiFi/Cat 5 unit that still did not work.
Lastly, when they say they have a iHome in every room; they don't don't. When you ask for one, it won't work with you iPod 5 series.
Other than this, the place is great and the people are great.
Breakfast is included...but they didn't tell us. We found out randomly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cool garden waterfalls, enchanted lagoons and elegant adobe-inspired villas nestle along one of Mexico's premier beaches to make up the romantic Villa del Sol Resort, Zihuatanejo, A Destination Luxury Hotel ocean views across a tranquil beach. Relaxed contentment is made complete with award winning Mexican as well as Pacific Seafood cuisine, 3 swimming pools including a spectacular seaside infinity pool, an intimate spa and superb service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa del Sol Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Zihuatanejo Hotel Zihuatanejo
- The Tides Hotel Zihuatanejo
- The Tides Resort Zihuatanejo
- Villa Del Sol Zihuatanejo
- Tides Zihuatanejo