Villa del Sol Resort
Bookit.com
$157
$125
  • Breakfast included
Gamma de Fiesta Inn Plaza Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
$41
Hotels.com
Hotel Irma(Zihuatanejo)(Great Value!)
$68
$54
  • Breakfast included
Catalina Beach Resort(Zihuatanejo)(Great Value!)
$57
Emporio Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
$98
$61
  • Pool
Las Brisas Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
$120
$70
Bookit.com
  • Pool
$272
$169
$375
$263
Pacifica Resort Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
$156
$135
Hotels.com
All reviewsbeach suiteviceroy zihuatanejoplunge poolcoral barour honeymoonevery morningcoffee and pastriesdinner on the beachlounge chairstennis courtsbeach servicebeautiful beachthe entire staffthe general manageramazing resortdeep sea fishingromantic getaway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have read several reviews of others stating this place is run down. My wife and I did not see that, just normal wear and tear. Our room (33) was over the kitchen a bit noisy, we asked to be moved. Went to a room with a pool(26). The water pres. in the shower not up to par but, you could manage. Clean it was spotless. The bath towels are the size of a blanket for a twin bed. Food was very good, just a little pricy. Venturo was very helpful with activities. Are stay was Tue – Mon. note that on Friday there was a wedding party of 80 showed up. At this point the service was still good just not as attentive. We meet the V.P of Viceroy in St. Lucia Andre` very nice guy, he was interested in what, if any of our concerns were. When we return it will be during the turtle season. Note: I did not give the place a 5 rating only because there is something no matter where you go that needs improvement.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 99Soulmates
CBdelaM, Guest Relations Manager at Villa del Sol Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear 99Soulmates

I appreciate your feedback especially in such a positive and constructive way you did. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed our services and facilities and please rest assured that we will look into your recommendations as we wish to continue providing the service that we are recognized for.

See you in the turtle season !!

Viceroy Zihuatanejo

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I dont know, I am partial to Mexico and especially to Zihuatenejo as I have been there many times and even before in the 70s when it was a undeveloped fishing village, so maybe my review is tainted but at least I disclose it. We had stayed at the tides a while back and decided to spend thanksgiving there 2012. They ran a special and got a real good deal on a beachfront room. Including meals and drinks. We had requested a coooking class before and they arranged that right on the beach, while we spent days on the beach there was a full time person getting baby turtles ready for release at night . The spa treatments are good according to my wife . There is a lot to do and you feel very much st home. Even though the rooms are a bit rustic and maybe outdated, it was clean and beast free. Nice pools for the kids and adults. Swimming on the beach depends on the weather as it can be too much on some days and other days its great. There are always people with boats ready to take you for a ride to playa gatas, which you should do AT LEAST ONCE. Also while there is you are a shellfish person you can get someone to dive and bring you oysters and open them for you . Also the same boats will take you fishing for an hour or two if you are the type who brings travel tackle as I do.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank docovNy
CBdelaM, Manager at Villa del Sol Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Mr. docovNy,

Warmest greetings from Viceroy Zihuatanejo.

I appreciate your feedback especially in such a positive and constructive way you did. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and really look forward to keep welcoming you for many years to come.

Gracias,

Viceroy Zihuatanejo !

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Viceroy Zihuatanejo was the most relaxing vacation I've ever experienced. Want a private dinner? They will set a table, white linens, candles, etc. at a place of your choosing . . . under a palm tree, on the beach under the stars, or just in your room. Very romantic. Their restaurants will seat you indoors (open air) or on the beach, and live music is usually arranged (ever see a musician play a harp with his right hand while playing a keyboard with his left hand? Their musicians are talented!). Their restaurants provide a menu with a diverse selection, and they still prepare nearly anything (not on the menu) if you just hint about it. For example Wifey ordered home made ice cream for desert, and they served it in a chocolate dish; she smiled at the presentation, and commented (under her breath) that fried bannanas would be good with this (not on the menu), and minutes later she was served fried bannanas. And the taste and presentation of the food speaks volumes of their chef's training, experience, and skills.

I just cannot say enough about their service and attention to detail. Sitting at the bar and want a pool towel? They will immediately provide one. Want a drink at poolside? They will bring it. Coffee delivered to your room every morning at a pre-determined time if you like (they leave it on a provided shelf just outside your door, so you won't be woken up).

Viceroy Zihuatanejo is perfect for couples wanting a stressfree and romantic vacation. Very well suited for a honeymoon. Yet, it still has suitable accommodations for families (beach cottage, for example).

This resort comes with my highest recommendations.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank JeffryO
CBdelaM, General Manager at Villa del Sol Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Mr. JeffryO

Thank you for taking the time to providing your comments !!

On behalf of all the staff we appreciate your preference and we really look forward to keep welcoming you for many years to come.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I took our two kids to Zihua for spring break. We spent a lot of time at Playa La Ropa. We had drinks at the beach bar at Viceroy one afternoon. The bartender was really great. The atmosphere was perfect. Tamarind margarita was delicious!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank nelsonkenyon

Dear Mr. LuisAlbaK

Warmest greetings from Viceroy Zihuatanejo !!

Thank you for providing your comments regarding your recent stay at Viceroy Zihuatanejo.

I am very glad to learn that you enjoy the hotel was a pleasure to have had you with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future. Gracias.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just had a great 5 night stay at the hotel and it was amazing. Room was really nice (beach suite), food was great (specially the pulpos al ajillo con arroz), really friendly and attentive staff, great, quiet location and a really nice spa (ask for Modesta). Really enjoyed it!

Room Tip: Beach suites are amazing!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank LuisAlbaK

Dear Ms. JimenaBogota,

Read these comments motivate us to continue providing a quality service you deserve.

Thank you for choosing us to spend your vacations. We hope to welcome you back and not to distance future.

Gracias,