Don't be foolish, visit this hotel and you will not be disappointed...we recently returned from another visit to the Viceroy this time we were on a 7 day vacation. We've been going to the Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo area for about 15 years and have been to this hotel 12 times, we love it here...you will undoubtedly feel the same once you visit. We've enjoyed this property so much that when we could we've visited twice in a year and we started with the original owers of the Villa del Sol.
Although times have changed along with the hotel, it is still a wonderful location with superb service. Hotel management knows there is need for attention to maintenance and I'm sure that will come...this is by no means a hotel falling apart but some things need a refresh. That said, the outstanding beach and service keeps us coming back. Meals are for the most part fantastic and what is great is that the restaurant is very accomodating to guests, with enough notice a special meal is yours for the asking. That is key tip for any vacation to Mexico and especially this resort...if you want something just ask and you are likely to get what you're asking for or at times even better!
Ok now some recommendations: Top management needs to meet with the guests, not a meeting - just say hello and ask how things are going and most importantly introduce yourself. I may have spoken to you but I wouldn't know since nobody introduces themselves by name - fix that. Make sure your returning guests know you appreciate their returning - we've made a concious choice to return, that should be noted. I know times are tough but it's just not profitable to have the bartenders on the beach also waiting palapas or poolside, I can't spend my money if I can't get a drink. And don't make your bartenders and waiters run from one side of the hotel to the next to get a check, I saw people lined up in the afternoon waiting for checks - when they were trying to get to spa appointments, not good. As I said earlier, the service is what keeps us coming here, our waiters/bartenders were going all out but they could have sold more with the right mix of staff.
I will definately return and those that have not been to this resort, do yourself a favor and get there soon...your worries just melt away at this gem of a hotel!
To my friends Orlando, Heriberto, Diego, Jorge, Marcos, Cristino, Guapo, and Fidel: Hasta proximo ano!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cool garden waterfalls, enchanted lagoons and elegant adobe-inspired villas nestle along one of Mexico's premier beaches to make up the romantic Villa del Sol Resort, Zihuatanejo, A Destination Luxury Hotel ocean views across a tranquil beach. Relaxed contentment is made complete with award winning Mexican as well as Pacific Seafood cuisine, 3 swimming pools including a spectacular seaside infinity pool, an intimate spa and superb service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Villa del Sol Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Zihuatanejo Hotel Zihuatanejo
- The Tides Hotel Zihuatanejo
- The Tides Resort Zihuatanejo
- Villa Del Sol Zihuatanejo
- Tides Zihuatanejo