We went for our honeymoon and we really couldn't have imagined a more perfect experience. While the grounds were AMAZING, it was truly the staff that made our stay as wonderful as it was. Everyone knew our name and went above and beyond to make sure our stay was amazing. Our only regret was that we couldn't afford to tip them all way more than we did. From the bar, to housekeeping, the concierge, to the restaurant everyone we met was unbelievably kind. Not to mention they indulged me in my attempts to practice my Spanish for the durration of our stay. Honestly we would reccommend this hotel to anyone looking for a "home away from home" experience.
A couple specific recommendations:
Take the cooking class taught by Chef Alfredo (Freddy). We traveled with him to the local "Mercado" and bought a whole red snapper and fresh mahi mahi, which the then proceded to grill on the beach. Truly wonderful experience
Try the "Bebida de Baso" which is a delicious basil cocktail served at any of the bars.
Also if you go in the fall make sure to visit the beach between 10pm and 2 am to see the sea turtles lay their eggs and if you're lucky enough to have some of the eggs hatch while you're there, return to the beach at dusk to help the baby turtles complete their journey back to the sea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cool garden waterfalls, enchanted lagoons and elegant adobe-inspired villas nestle along one of Mexico's premier beaches to make up the romantic Viceroy Zihuatanejo. 46 Guestrooms and suites afford stunning garden and ocean views across a tranquil beach. Relaxed contentment is made complete with award winning Mexican as well as Pacific Seafood cuisine, 3 swimming pools including a spectacular seaside infinity pool, an intimate spa and superb service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, JackRabbit Systems, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotel.de, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Viceroy Zihuatanejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Zihuatanejo Hotel Zihuatanejo
- The Tides Hotel Zihuatanejo
- The Tides Resort Zihuatanejo
- Villa Del Sol Zihuatanejo
- Tides Zihuatanejo