La Casa Que Canta
Hotel Irma(Zihuatanejo)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Aura del Mar Hotel(Zihuatanejo)
  • Pool
Villas Miramar(Zihuatanejo)
  • Pool
Hotel J.B.(Zihuatanejo)
View Hotel
All reviewspool suitethe salt water poollime pancakesmaster suitethe main hotelprivate dinneroverlooking the baybeautiful hotelwaves crashingla ropa beachgrand suitezihuatanejo bayromantic getawaychaise loungespublic beachevery mealevery evening
Reviewed December 6, 2011

By far the most relaxing trip ever. No detail was overlooked and we were completely pampered by the very friendly and accommodating staff. Our family stayed in one of the private villas (El Ensueno) and it could not have been more luxurious. Each of the 4 bedrooms was beautifully appointed with incredible views and private terraces each with an infinity pool. The common area, where we spent most of our time, overlooks the beach and ocean. Replete with comfortable chaises and other sitting areas that are perfect for reading or napping. Throughout the day, our wonderful butler would bring water and fresh fruit smoothies along with any snacks we requested. The food was all freshly made and delicious and the chef was happy to accommodate food allergies. We ate breakfast every morning at the villa and the choices were endless. I hightly recommend the lime pancakes along with the eggs mexicana. The meals we did not have at the villa were at the hotel. Not surprisingly, they too were incredibly delicious. For lunch, we would usually share a bunch of dishes. The hotel dining area is beautifully designed with stepped seating areas so everyone gets a spectacular view. The gym is fully-equipped with all of the latest machines and the spa is heavenly. I highly recommend visiting it for a massage. The weather each day was perfect and we didn't want out trip to end. A very short ride from the airport to the hotel was also a plus. I think it is rare for a hotel to reach the kind of perfection that La Casa Que Canta has achieved. We felt very well taken care of and hope to return soon!

Reviewed December 6, 2011

I have been fortunate enough to stay at some of the world's finest hotels--the Peninsula in Hong Kong, the Norfolk in Nairobi, Claridge's in London, the Carlisle in New York, the Oriental in Bangkok, The Vier Jahrezeiten in Hamburg, The Vier Jahrezeiten in Munich. Without a doubt, however, La Casa Que Canta in Zihuatanejo, Mexico is the best hotel I have ever visited.

Like all of the world's finest hotels, superb service is what makes La Casa Que Canta exceptional. But this hotel goes above and beyond even the most selective traveler's usual expectations. The owners and staff make you feel so comfortable and attend to your every wish in a warm, personable way, going to whatever lengths necessary to ensure your enjoyment and satisfaction. As a result, staying at La Casa Que Canta is simply heavenly. I would return in a heartbeat.

Highlights include the most delicious gourmet Mexican cuisine imaginable, breathtaking views of the ocean, numerous patios, terraces and comfortable nooks in the shade in which to work, read or relax, a staff that is always there, day and night, to bring you a drink or a bite to eat at your whim. Detailing in full everything that makes La Casa Que Canta great would take many, many pages.

As a final, important note, I would be remiss if I did not express what a seemingly divinely inspired Gesamtkunstwerk this hotel truly is; Jacques and Yvonne Baldassari have created a masterwork of a hotel in which the truth is in the details--dozens of wonderful details. Everywhere you turn, you see a beautiful work of Mexican art or a series of ingenious outdoor lights dreamed up by Jacques. Even the smallest of details have been attended to with loving care, from the bracelets in place of "Do Not Disturb" signs to the unique bread baskets on the tables at dinner.

I do hope that I get the opportunity to return to La Casa Que Canta, but even if I do not, I will never forget my first trip there; it will stay with me as a treasured memory for the rest of my life.

5  Thank CharlesHMeyer
Reviewed November 16, 2011

This is a dream hotel in a very picturesque, tropical, seaside fishing village. The architecture is wonderful, the service is superb, and the food is phenomenal. Our group was fortunate enough to stay in one of their two private villas, El Murmullo. We had a staff there of nine with our own chef and butler. We liked our food so much that we begged for recipes.
It has four regular sized rooms(and another smaller one) each with its own plunge pool and chaises as well as the infinity pool in the common area which has a view to take your breath away! The hotel and the two separate villas which are all within a stones throw of each other are molded into the rocky cliff-like shoreline...there are many steps everywhere, on the pathway to the beach as well as at the hotel, and it's really not for very young children or the handicapped. The Ropa Beach with all its activities is right outside...no cars needed. You can walk to the downtown area, as well, or just cab it. There is scubaing, parasailing, jet skiing, banana boat rentals, $25. massages, and all kinds of restaurants right on this beach area. We even rented a catamaran boat.
I would recommend that you do investigate their weather very carefully, as it can be very hot and humid at times. None of us had any problems with the drinking water, hoorah. Be sure to use your insect repellent to ward off any problems there.
The staff was very professional and eager to do anything we asked, cook anything we wanted, or help in anyway. Also, and this is a big also, we never at anytime felt unsafe either in the hotel, restaurants, downtown, or airport....Mexico's tourism has been so badly affected lately and these were good and kind people trying to overcome that barrier. They had taken every precaution so that we felt and were secure. No worries there!

Reviewed November 16, 2011

My stepdaughter got married at LaCasa Que Canta on the 4th day of our 6 day vacation. The entire stay was fantastic, great food, wonderful service, and the very best of accommodations. We walked the town with its many shops, ate lunch and had a wonderful time buying dresses for the flower girls to wear for the wedding. It was easy to get around with great cab service. The wedding was well planned and went effortlessly or seemingly so by the staff. Food was outstanding during our entire stay with fresh squeezed juice of many varieties at any time. I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: All rooms with great view. We stayed most of the time in a private resident home. Each room with its own pool.
Reviewed November 15, 2011

First of all, I feel safer in Zihua than in most large US cities. You have to be smart wherever you travel, and I think the press has gone crazy with Mexico. As someone else stated--NO security issues here.
Secondly, I just had my wedding in the two villas and the service was better than 5 star! They thought of everything, and I mean everything. I think that I will be spoiled for the rest of my life after my trip here. If you have not been to Zihua, there are lots of hills and stairs, so if you are not super ambulatory, this may not be for you.
If I were to post my pics, it still does not do this place justice. We did go out and about for dinners/shopping in town/beach walks, etc, but with the views and the service, I would have been happy to not move from our pool and our common space--and just relax and eat in!
My wedding and my visit were a dream, my niece told me to rub my eyes and then open them--it was real. All I can say, if you like beach views, amazing service, amazing food, and a quiet vacation, this is for you. If you are planning a wedding, this is for you! Honeymoon or anniversary, this is for you! I can't post a pic, or put into words how magical this place is, but go see for yourself!

Room Tip: Check out the private villas--if you have four couples or family, they are a good value for the service you get.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple