“Great place to eat and learn to cook!”
Review of Patio Mexica

Patio Mexica
Ranked #124 of 322 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Washington State
“Great place to eat and learn to cook!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The restaurant is great, food is wonderful. I took two cooking classes from Monica, owner, and she is a gem! Would highly recommend her cooking classes!!!

Visited December 2013

Ashland, Oregon
“Learning to make Tamales”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My friends and I enrolled in Monica's Mexican cooking school for the third year. It was a delight, as usual. In her open air kitchen, shaded by large trees, she showed us how to make traditional banana leaved wrapped pork in red sauce tamales. We mixed the masa with the lard, dried the banana leaves over a small grill, wrapped our tamales filled with red sauce she had already prepared, and put them in a steamer. An hour later, after we took a taxi to El Centro to do a little shopping errand, we returned to Patio Mexica to chow down. It was delicious!! I ate four tamales.The meal was accompanied by ice cold traditional jamaica (hibiscus flower) juice.

Visited December 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Monica is like your mom”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I we had a wonderful experience at Monica's cooking class....is so genuine and authentic that it impossible to forget.
Our advice is to book in advance to have the chance to choose your favorite cooking class!
Un abrazo
Andrea & Rossella

Visited November 2013
“WONDERFUL, LOTS OF FUN, VERY AUTHENTIC”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I enjoy good cooking and especially home made authentic Mexican dishes made with fresh ingredients. Well, THIS IS THE PLACE. Monica is a very friendly warm hearted lady and a very good teacher and cook. She uses her grandmothers recipes and each person helps prepare the dish. What a great experience and very good food. We made a Mole' Poblano. It was excellent. Can't wait to attend another class when we come to ZIHUA again. John & Patti.

“Ole' Mole'! - An authentic Mexican cooking experience!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I love to cook so when we read the reviews we had to try it. All is true. We highly recommend it if you love to cook various cuisines. Monica is wonderful. We were there during the off-season so we ended up having a private cooking class for a few more pesos. She offers various classes but I am a mole fanatic and have had it all over Mexico and the US so we had to try it. Being from San Diego, I know good mole and this is the real deal. Monica shared with us her knowledge of all of the different types of mole from regions across Mexico. We made her grandmothers mole rojo recipe from this region. It was all hands on and felt like we were part of her family cooking in her backyard which is the experience she wants everyone to have. The class is outdoors literally on her patio with her daughter, son, and pets (and unfortunately mosquitos). It's not fancy but it is authentic. Monica made rice and chicken and her daughter made corn tortillas for our mole. Muy delicioso! Muchas Gracias Monica!!

• Visited September 2013