“BEST HONEYMOON TRIP EVER!!”
Review of Casa Romantica

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Zihuatanejo
Casa Romantica
Reviewed March 23, 2010

I recently had the luxury to take a week long vacation to Mexico on March 7 - 14, 2010 for my honeymoon. I stayed at Casa Romantica (#402).....which should be name a "PARADICE FOUND!!" I communicated with the owner, Mollie, who was one of the most helpful people I have ever met. Even at the last minute (the last week before my wedding), Mollie was very quick to answer all emails and even phone calls. Please check out her website at https://www.beachviewzihua.com. She sent us a packet of information on places to eat, shop, and more. It was the best vacation I have ever been on. What a GREAT honeymoon place to stay for honeymooners! We had the freedom of grocery shopping at Commerical Mexicana and stocked up for week. We had breakfast every morning on the balcony overlooking the ocean.

We arrived on a Sunday and were able to check in early, we met with the Manger on duty - Eliezer. He was so friendly and helped us up to our room. He showed us how to use to internet (Mollie is so nice, she leaves a labtop for your personal use). There were 100's of books and movies to choose from. A TV and DVD player in the living room and the master bedsoom along with satalite tv, if you don't want to miss out on any sports games! Not that we were planning on watching much TV, but it was still a VERY nice luxury.

We were so happy when we walked in. The view from the bedroom and kitchen is overlooking the bay of Zihua. The condo was super clean and very spacious. The kitchen has marble counter tops and was fully loaded with any appliance you could dream of. It really made us feel at home. They have a water jug for purified water and even a filter for the sink water.

We rarely ever heard any traffic, which I've heard other people complain about. I mean you are in Mexico, the drivers are crazy! It was not in any way a bother to us. The walk to La Playa Ropa takes about 10 minutes - wear your tennis shoes, b/c the road is steep and I thought it was a lovely work out with all the eating and drinking we were doing! There are two infinity pools and they were warm and purely amazing. Never crowded..there were a few people at times, but everyone was so friendly!

We never walked downtown, but many people staying did and said it took about 15 minutes. We rented a car because we like to venture out and we were on our honeymoon! I give Casa Romantica a TWO HUGE thumbs up and we will be returning in the future!

Some of the restaurants we are at are:

Jungle Pizza - One of the best pizza places we have ever eaten at. My husband is a PICKY eater and this place was fantastic. About a 4 minute drive away from the town and you will see it on your left. It really feels like you are in the jungle. The owners are always there and LOVE talking to eveyone at their restaurant. We actually ate there twice!!

The Fishing Hole - This is bar in the middle of town, we didn't eat here, but had some cocktails and beer. It's a little bar on the corner (I wish I could remember the streets) but the bartenders are so welcoming and love giving advice on where to go, eat, visit, shop. We went here many times and loved all the people watching! (It's near the Captain's Daughter).

Il Mar - Great View, I would call and make a reservation so you can get a table near the edge of the balcony. We forgot, but still had an amazing view of the sun setting and had some great calamari. The waiters here were very experienced and helped us pick out a great bottle of wine. We had the Red Snapper and it was delicious. Other people were ordering pasta and I didn't see an empty plate!

El Cafe de los Milagros - We stopped and had breakfast, coffee, and two for one margaritas! The menu was small, but the owner was so friendly and it felt like we were in an art gallery. Worth checking out for the great downtown view.

La Cala - WOW! What can I say. A private table in a lagoon with black rocks and sand about 2 feet from our toes. The lagoon was surrounded by rocks and the food was to die for!! I had the special of the day, a pasta with lobster...yummm and my husband had the fish of the day..it was all so good. We also started off with a caprese salad...wow. We wish we went back there! So romantic and great service!!

Bandidos - In town, actually right in the middle. We went here a few times to enjoy the people watching and the food was great. When you order guacamole and salsa...it is made so fresh, that they create it right in front of you. The staff was so friendly and remembered our names everytime we walked by the restaurant! Talk about customer service!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ngilbert

Reviewed March 20, 2010

I consider myself a Zihua regular having been there 7 times since 2001, prior to this trip.
Casa Romantica was the best place for us to call home on our recent trip to Zihuatanejo. There was nothing that we needed - everything was provided for us at Casa Romantica.
Waking up every morning to the views of the bay was wonderful - having breakfast on the terrace was even better. Falling asleep to the waves breaking below (yes, you can hear them!) was better yet. Are you noticing a trend?
The condo is outfitted with everything you could possibly need and want. Mollie's attention to detail is not missed. She has furnished the condo beautifully and it really had everything down to the yoga mat & pool floats!
The grounds of Casa Que Ve Al Mar are well maintained. The security guards are friendly and keep an eye on everyone who comes and goes.
The pools on the property are amazing! Although with all the construction going on in Cerro del Vigia, there is much more traffic and the limited noise that goes with it.
Be prepared to climb steps! We did not rent a car and walked everywhere. We counted 200 steps from the street to the door of the condo. This was not a problem for us (mid 40's, early 50's) but for some it might be an issue.
This will certainly not deter us from renting this unit again.
It was truly our dream vacation in Zihuatanejo!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pcarl1
Reviewed February 16, 2010

This was the most relaxing place that we have ever stayed. Casa Romantica was so much more that what we had expected. I have traveled many places; but this is the one that will be the most memorable. This is the top of my favorites and can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JennyWChattanooga_TN
Reviewed September 9, 2009

My husband had the opportunity to stay at Casa Romantica and WOW sums it up! The view is outstanding, and if that isn't enough, you have a fully stocked, completely gorgeous, clean and tastefully decorated condo. Honestly, the condo had everything you'd need for a quick stay or extended visit. The balcony extends from the living room to the master bedroom and is equipped with large 2 couches, a 4 person table, and enough room for another 2 comfy swivel chairs, with a table! I could have lived on the balcony alone! Ceiling fans throughout provide cool ocean breezes.

Imagine waking up to the sound of the ocean, and being able to lift your head off the pillow and see the panoramic view of Zihu bay and the ocean beyond...Fabulous!

The condo is in the front of the complex, has wireless internet and Mollie provides a laptop, so you can print boarding passes, plasma TV's, DVD's, books, plenty of entertainment, if you're not out enjoying the 2 pools or ocean. The condo manager welcomed us upon arrival and was avail. for any questions we had.

Mollie is a sweetheart and provided all the info. needed for our 1st trip to Mexico and Zihuatanejo. Thank you, Mollie for making our trip the best, we can't wait to come back and stay LONGER!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple