“Amazing experience”

Tentaciones Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tentaciones Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 324 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Subiendo por Casa Cuitlateca
Description: Perched in the heart of Zihuatanejo Bay and up the mountain gives the property the best angle to appreciate incomparable views of the ocean and the city, the first sensation that comes through your eyes is peace, freedom and romance...
Westfield, Indiana
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Great boutique hotel. What really made the trip special was the service we received from Salvador and Daniel. They were so genuine and welcoming. Breakfast was always a pleasure. What a nice way to kick off a busy day in Zihua. There are no lounge chairs for all day sunbathing if that is your style but they do have nice comfy chairs by the pool area to hang out in.

The restaurant begins their seating at 6 pm so it's a bit awkward to go swimming at that time but it was not a huge negative for us. Definitely bring bug spray for the area. All the hotels have open spaces but we got used to it.

The food was great at the hotel and so were the drinks. We would stay here again and we really enjoyed our conversations with the staff at Tentaciones. Beds were cozy and bathrooms were huge. Very simple floor plan and the grounds are absolutely beautiful.

Visited December 2013

“Excellent fixed menu”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were staying at hotel and had dinner there the first night. It was one of the best meals I've had in a long, long time! Service was very attentive and large staff to insure all your needs and desires met. The menu is set. We had a 5-course meal with the freshest mahi mahi I ever tasted! Beautiful romantic setting

Visited January 2014
Portland, Oregon
“The height of excellence, both cuisine and ambiance”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I can say without doubt that this is one of the absolute best meals I have eaten in my life. If you are looking for an absolutely fantastic experience, this is the restaurant to try. We were recommended by some fellow travelers and the concierge at our hotel, who all raved about the place. We WERE warned in advance that it's pricey, and that the menu was limited - we actually were shown a copy of the prix fixe menu the day in advance to confirm that we had no issues with any of the dishes. Having no choices was oddly liberating, since the only decisions we had to make were what we wanted to drink. Service was absolutely flawless - our waiter was Pablo, but he was assisted by a number of other staff members, and the owner(manager?) stopped by periodically to make sure everything was perfect. The view? Amazing as everyone says it is. We had a table looking out over the bay and the lights of the city. Now, the food - amazing! We started with Thai shrimp ceviche, delicately flavored with cucumber and ginger. Next up was a salad with passion fruit vinaigrette and a little slice of a mushroom tart. Oh, that tart ... definitely "choir of angels" time. Course three: leek and potato soup with a blue cheese foam, the flavors mingling perfectly. I'm running out of adjectives, here ... main course was Mahi Mahi with a tangerine and cardamon sauce - this was so good, I even ate the accompanying zucchini, which I usually consider to be wasted jaw motion. Dessert was a corn cake topped with a scoop of ice cream and a light fruit compote. All in all, an extremely delicious meal - cannot think of a single thing that was out of place. We will absolutely return when we are back in Zihautenejo.

• Visited January 2014
“Only one short coming.”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner there last night, and from beginning to end it was an incredible experience. Walk past the infinity pool, surrounded by a Koi pond, and you are treated to an incredible view of Zihuantanejo. We arrived at dusk, which made it too later to get a good picture of the view, but our memories will suffice. The restaurant is small, I would highly recommend reservations.
But on to the fabulous food. Our waiter Ricardo, started us with complimentary wine, chips and guacamole. First a short note about the chips: they were warm, crisp, and NOT greasy! (As opposed to the previous 4 restaurants we have sampled in the last 3 days.). The guacamole was sublime. Not too salty, not too spicy, mashed to just the right consistency .
Next came the ceviche, again just the right consistency, a perfect blend of flavors, and then the surprise: very thinly sliced cucumber rimmed the inside of the (martini) glass. The combination of fish and cucumber created a new burst of flavor...wonderful .
Next course, tortilla soup. Again, an amazing blend of flavor and texture unlike, and better than, anything I've had before. I don't know if she uses ground up tortillas for thickening, but whatever it is, the contrast between the thick broth and the crisp strips of tortillas was a textural delight.
The salad was uninspiring, the only disappointment of the evening. If I could have given 4 1/2 stars for a rating, I would have. It's just that in comparison to the rest of the evening, it needs to be mentioned.
For the main course, you have the choice of steak (rib eye last night), fish (mahi mahi), lobster, shrimp and chicken. My mahi mahi, as expected was cooked perfectly, as was my wife's shrimp. Interestingly, after the salad plates were picked up, Ricardo asked us how we wanted our seafood cooked: with butter, garlic, or black pepper. Assured by the couple behind us that the pepper sauce was not spicy, my wife chose that, and I elected garlic. Both were winners. The shrimp were butterflied and grilled; my fish was lightly breaded and pan fried. So little time elapsed between the time Ricardo recorded our choices and the presentation of the food indicated to me that Sofia(?) is very well organized in addition to being a wonderful cook.
And last, bur certainly not least came desert. My wife's mango tacos (mango wrapped in a small flour tortillas and deep fried, with a sweet syrup) was another exquisite adventure for the taste buds. My bananas flambé were good, but since it is not on my usual diet, I have no basis for comparison.
To repeat myself, it was a wonderful experience from beginning to end. The dinners were expensive, but worth every centavo.

Visited January 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“If it's a splurge for you, it's not worth it.”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The view, the ambiance, the service were all impressive. As we were taking it in, we were unfortunate enough to have Cruella de Vil and a few of her haughty friends seated next to us. They yapped it up about how loaded they were, more or less. The staff saved a potentially evening-ruining distraction by moving us upon our request.

A couple of drinks, dinner and a bottle of wine came out to about $3,000 MXN for the two of us. I would call it a good experience overall but at a poor value comparatively. Unless $3k MXN is a drop in the bucket for you, I would recommend you grab an expensive drink here only if you must take in the view- then go out for dinner on Calle Adelita.

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank marty27d
TentacionesMx, General Manager at Tentaciones Restaurant, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Hi marty27d
Regards from paradise and really thank you for your review, as always the reviews from our clients help us a lot to improve our service and food quality. Sadly sometimes things go out of our hands, however as you mentioned our staff always try to find the way to take care and offer you a pleasant and lovely dinner. What surprise me a little is what you mention about the price, because our waiters always mention the price of the menu before we anything, and about the wine, all our wine list has the price on it, so I don´t understand why did you mention this subject.

Please we really appreciate if you let us know your comments or how do you suggest us to handle the price issue due we always try to be very clear in all this matter.

Thanks one more time and I look forward to hear from you