“The Best View in Zihua!”

Tentaciones Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tentaciones Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 322 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Subiendo por Casa Cuitlateca
Description: Perched in the heart of Zihuatanejo Bay and up the mountain gives the property the best angle to appreciate incomparable views of the ocean and the city, the first sensation that comes through your eyes is peace, freedom and romance...
Morristown, New Jersey
“The Best View in Zihua!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We love making the climb up to Tentaciones for our daily margarita while we watch the sunset. The wait staff is wonderful and the views are amazing....and they make a mean margarita!

We were going to stay for dinner but it was a multiple course feast and we weren't that hungry.

• Visited January 2013

San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico
“More like pretenciones”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The restaurant is overrated and over-priced. They claim to have a non-negotiable 5 course tasting menu. The food was mediocre, the wine forgettable, but the worst part was the price, at over 2200 pesos ($170) for 2 people. The restaurant has a stunning view of the bay, but so does every other restaurant on the cliff overlooking the bay. The service was good, their intentions were the best, but if you are being served overpriced drek, what difference do fawning waiters make? We were there in August 2013, and it's possible they didn't have their A-team in the kitchen during the slow summer season. That might explain the positive reviews. But that didn't stop them from charging as if they did. There are much better options, such as Casa Que Canta, at about a quarter of the price.

• Visited August 2013
7 Thank Lee A
TentacionesHotels, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Tentaciones Restaurant, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Hi Lee, regards from paradise, thanks very much for your comments and reviews and believe me we will work hard to improve and make the things better, our final goal is your satisfaction, however please help me because regarding the price we always try to be very clear and we even announce the price range in our Trip Advisor account, so if anybody go and find us through Trip Advisor they will be able to see our prices. We are already taking care of your comments and hopefully you can give us a second chance.

Regards
Geyserville, California
“Best Spot in Zihua”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Wifey wanted to take me to a special dinner for my birthday. We looked on TA and we agreed Tentaciones had the best reviews and nicest looking location so we made a reservation. They were actually closed on the Monday that my true bday fell on this year so we made the res for the Saturday before. Melissa mentioned to the host it was my bday. Our reservation was for 7 but as other reviews had stated, we went a little early to enjoy the view. When we arrived, we were treated by the staff and they were most accommodating. Unbelievably accommodating, in fact. I asked my wife Melissa, what do you think? Her response, which I will never forget because I've never actually heard her say this word before. She replied, "Breathtaking." I agreed. We ordered some sodas while enjoying the view of Zihua and the Mansion that the Tentaciones actually is. The place is a four suite, boutique hotel but was actually built by an amazing architect for his own pleasure getaway. He then sold it to someone who offered to make it a small hotel. This is what I understood anyways. Lol. Check the place out. It's unreal. We ordered the 5 course prepared menu. They ask if you have any preferences or allergies. They make you feel so special. They had a mahi mahi entree. Melissa went for that cuz she loves fish. They offered me a stuffed chicken breast since the fish didnt sound up my alley and so I obliged :) every dish served was phenomenal. I have dined at the most elegant of places and the food at Tentaciones was delectable. I won't go into too much detail about the dishes served as they change frequently so you'll just have to experience this place yourself. Although it was the most expensive meal on our trip, it was well worth it! GO TO TENTACIONES!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank MikeandMeliss
New York City, New York
“Fantastic Dinner at the Restaurant”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Worth every penny for a romantic evening out. We enjoyed dinner and drinks at the lounge and restaurant during our honeymoon. Every meal was delicious--unique flavors and beautiful food. Don't miss it if you go to Zihuatanejo.

1 Thank ECVtraveler
Austin, Texas
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

After writing about Tentaciones in my personal travel journal I noticed the continued use of fantastic as an adjective. It was not overused. This was probably the best restaurant experience in my life. From the cordial greeting by Salvadore to the final after dinner cocktail, this was a FANTASTIC evening.

The restaurant is on a mountaintop overlooking the bay. The terrace is very contemporary with infinity pools and comfortable sofas for enjoying a ore dinner cocktail. The main dining area is a beautiful palapa. Dinner is a fixed menu with limited options but an offer was made to adjust it for any special needs or wishes. Five courses and each was FANTASTIC. The sauces and flavorings were wonderful. Service was impeccable. I won't detail the menu because it changes per the chef's choices.

I cannot think of anything that was flawed or needed improvement.

• Visited July 2013