“Best date night dinner ever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tentaciones Restaurant

Tentaciones Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tentaciones Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 317 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Subiendo por Casa Cuitlateca
Description: Perched in the heart of Zihuatanejo Bay and up the mountain gives the property the best angle to appreciate incomparable views of the ocean and the city, the first sensation that comes through your eyes is peace, freedom and romance...
maple valley
“Best date night dinner ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

First off the photos can not match the breath taking beauty of this place , the view of Ziuha bay and downtown is awesome ..Dinner was a 5 course set price and was worth every peso spent for the dinning experience .The meal started with goat cheese and eggplant appetizer followed with a cold coconut and almond soup with sage oil soup. Grilled mango and shrimp salad with a blackberry vinaigrette , then a grilled Mahi Mahi over a rossitto and topped off with a awesome dessert ...what a meal ...for the best date experience take her to Tentaciones ..

• Visited June 2012

Ridgeland, Mississippi
“Incredible dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is not a place to go for a meal. This is a dining experience. We recently had the opportunity to visit the restaurant and would like to share the event.
Not a place you just walk up to. I gather you need at least 24 hour advance reservations. We were there in June which is the "slow season" and they were not open all of the time. I had to call a few times to get someone on the phone. They were not open the night we wanted to go.

The experience starts when your taxi climbs the steep hill to the restaurant. Would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you ask your taxi driver if he can get up the hill to the restaurant before you get in. Some evidently can not and you are left to walk a very steep hill. If you can not climb Mount Everest you may not be able to climb this hill. We went up on a wet street and our taxi was skidding around. No problem though.

We were greeted by Salvador , who gave us the warmest greeting I have ever received anywhere, ever. This man is a reason to fly to Zihuatanejo and have the privilege to meet.

I am a "wanta be foodie". I really enjoy good food, good service and atmosphere. I have been to good places from New Orleans to Manhattan and beyond. This is up there with the best of the best, or better, than I have been to. Like anywhere, a place has good nights and bad I guess. We caught it on an exceptional night.

The service is perfect. There were three couples there, served by Salvador and his assistant. They sang us a nice song with the desert.

I have wondered why most reviews on this restaurant do not really talk about the food. It is almost beyond words. They blend textures, tastes and visual to an art level and beyond. I do not remember everything but the highlights of the menu were:

appetizer..........mahi mahi tritas or cerviche type dish. Really good and fresh.

salad..........greens, including argula and a good dressing wrapped around eggplant served with duck and a blackberry dressing. This was one of the best things I have ever eaten in my life. How they got the eggplant so tender borders on mystical.

soup.......do not remember what it was but was incredible. As in I do not care if this is a five star restaurant I am going to lick the bowl dry.

entree....... grilled shrimp, steak and potato cakes. All were outstanding.

desert .......white and dark chocolate type thing that is beyond description. I am not a chocolate fan but this was excellent. Served with a kahlua drink.

The night we were there we were blessed with the sunset of all sunsets. Words can not describe the view reflected off of the infinity pools and the ocean with the hillside below illuminated by the town.

To dine here is an incredible experience. You do not know what you are going to eat until they put it in front of you. You do not know what it will cost until they give you the bill.
I hope to go back there.

• Visited June 2012
Paso Robles, California
“Simply amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

Sometimes there are no words to describe an experience: the ambience, the food, the service and the special attention. Our recommendation to our guests of La Villa, a boutique hotel, Zihuatanejo, our friends and you reading this: Don't miss Tentaciones. Simply amazing.

• Visited May 2012
Denver
“We loved this restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I along with my parents went to Ixtapa/Zih for the first time a week ago and on our last night we ate at Tentaciones. The food and the view was to DIE for! The manager Salvador greeted us personally as well as our excellent server, Pablo. We were the only people there for the first hour or so...it was like having dinner at a friend's house..simply incredible.

The tamarind chili margarita was the best cocktail I think I have ever had. I wish I knew the recipe. We had tuna tartare with ginger and a delicious salad with roasted eggplant and blue cheese. The black bean soup was amazing. Then we ate the best filet mignon and shrimp I have ever had. The sauces that accompanied our main dish were a tamarind for the shrimp and hibiscus for the steak (my favorite) and I must say the most creative and delicious sauces ever. Dessert was a delicious caramel filled cake with ice cream. We had two bottles of wine and didn't mind splurging as it was still much less expensive to eat here than in Denver at a 5 star restaurant. Especially for 5 courses! Chef Mario is top notch and rivals any chef from New York or Paris.

I agree with a previous reviewer that we felt like we were in Bali with the cool Zen like decor and the music was fab. But we were so glad to be in Mexico and experience this place and we will never forget it. We all fell in love with Zihuatenejo (and Ixtapa) and will be back, and for sure come back to Tentaciones!

• Visited May 2012
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“A truly memorable meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

If you're in Zihuatanejo, and want a fabulous meal, you've got to visit Tentaciones. We had made reservations for a large group, and they prepared a fixed menu for us. Somehow they managed to please all- even the 4 vegan/vegetarians among us; and what's more, they substituted fish for the planned beef for the above 4, with no prior notice. Talk about flexible! The view is spectacular, the service excellent, the food -well, creative, local, innovative, delicious all come to mind, but are scarcely adequate. The next time we go to Zihuatenajo, we'll definitely re-visit Tentaciones.

• Visited March 2012