“The margaritas were great and the view is spectacular.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Kau Kan

Kau Kan
Ranked #196 of 320 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Arlington, Virginia
“The margaritas were great and the view is spectacular.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

We watched the sunset while sipping margaritas on the rooftop. The food was good with delicate presentation. It was my wife's birthday and the staff decorated the chocolate pecan cake with a candle and wrote happy birthday on the plate. Go for the specials. We had marlin steak and red snapper adobo! Muy sabroso!

Carson City, Nevada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

The best meal that we have had here in Zihuatanejo. We arrived early, about 6 pm and were rewarded with the prized corner table on the upper deck patio with beautiful views over the entire town and coast line. The service was excellent as was the food. We shared an aspargus tart to start and it was excellent. My wife had sea bass on a bed of fresh vegetables which was fresh, well cooked and very flavorful ($300 pesos). I had a beef filete with mashed potatos which was tender, cooked to order and very good ($300.00 pesos). Although a little on the expensive side, the entire evening including the beautiful sunset, city view, good service and food was definately worth it. Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2012
seattle
“The best creative food, very good value, and romantic atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

We've gone here on 2 previous trips, and were not disappointed. The rooftop setting is so beautiful, with the view of the lights in the hills. (we weren't there early enough for sunset). Once again I had the marinated abalone, which I remembered so fondly, and it was better than ever. So tender and delicious. Followed it with octopus with tomato confit. The BEST octopus I've ever had, in Italy, my own... Very tender, and charred from the grill, so very tasty. My husband had a crab and cheese tart, tuna stuffed with seafood, and eggplant with goat cheese. All with great service.

• Visited December 2011
Stuttgart, Germany
“Splendid food, wine and view from the terrace – everything you need for a great dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

We experienced Kau Kan restaurant last October and had a fantastic evening/night on the terrace. Starting off with a nice aperitif, we were later shown the menu as well as the chef’s recommendation on a black board.

As a starter I had a simple tomato soup, which tasted greatly delightful. My experience is that especially in the ‘simple’ dishes you can distinguish the great from the good chef. Later we had steak and fresh fish, both extremely tasty. Remarkable as well the homemade bread assortment.

Service needs a little bit to catch up with the rest of the restaurant to maintain the guests happy during the night. We were waiting too long for our second dish, but enjoyed the wine in the meantime...

All this, you can enjoy at the beautiful terrace overlooking the bay of Zihuatanejo with cozy lights and sufficient space between the tables. All in one, we simply loved it and will return at our next stay.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank MexicoViva
West Des Moines, Iowa
“They even cater!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

I attended an event at a private home and Kau Kan was the caterer. Everything I tried was delicious. If I still lived there, I would try to eat there as often as I could afford.