“AWESOME!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“AWESOME!!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Happened upon this little gem by chance walking by and ended up staying a couple hours. The service and ambiance was just great with wait staff that spoke excellent English and could chat and explain any menu questions. We had the most amazing dinner that we will be talking about for quite sometime ... Half a pineapple stuffed with a fresh seafood medley with cheese and then baked to perfection. Don't know why it works but boy, does it ever!! I'll be one of the first places I visit upon my return to the area. Two cocktails each, salsa and chips, plus two stuffed baked pineapples came to $60 American dollars - worth every dime!

2 Thank Glenis C

Barranquilla, Colombia
“Unexpectedly good”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

our waiter was extremely nice. We ordered chile relleno with shrimp, very good and a plate of sea food and garlic ( pretty good size and very cheap) "Plato marinero." Fast service and good poco de gallo and chips

2 Thank Jaime P
“Wonderful food & atmosphere”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We totally enjoyed eating dinner outdoors and liked the food. The people serving us were warm and attentive.

• Visited February 2013
humboldt, ca
“Amazing Chili Rellanos”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

we have always judged restaurants in mexico by their chili rellanos. These were some of the best we've ever had. In fact, after trying them last night - all we could think about today was how good they were. This is the first time ever we've returned the very next night and ordered the very same thing. And the margaritas were excellent as well...

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank HumboldtKaryn
san diego
“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had a 4 generation family re-union at an Ixtapa all inclusive. I took everyone out for a nice dinner at Casa Elvira. The location was in the middle of a flea market with a view of tee shirt and bead vendors. The head waiter who spoke English well ran around like a chicken with his head cut off and imparted a nervous hyper energy.

We ordered a Ceasar salad to share and got 2 salads. These were iceberg lettuce with thick creamy ( out of a jar ) dressing . Pretty poor. We never got the Guacamole we ordered. The people who ordered coconut shrimp were happy with their food. I ordered what they told me was fresh dorado , I got a thin filet of white fish that could have been sole with little shrimps on top. Not bad but not a nice thick slab of freshly caught Dorado I hoped for. The lobsters ordered were small tough and cut in such a way that they were hard to get out of the shell. There were no de-shelling tools.
Finally I read that the coconut desert was excellent so we asked to see it . The waiter didn't understand and brought everyone one. We took 1 to taste and he took back the rest. It was an ok gelatinouse coco creme pie , not my thing. We had a white Chilean Chardoney that was fine.

The bill was an unreadable mess, and I couldn't check it, but came to about $30.00 us per person and was fare .

• Visited January 2013