“Sunny days and starry nights.......”
Review of Casa Sun & Moon

Casa Sun & Moon
Ranked #26 of 59 Zihuatanejo B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 28, 2010

I had a wonderful experience at the Sun & Moon. Let me first say that the staff was incredible! Warm, kind and inviting. Carlos and the ladies at the front desk were most helpful, we were greatly accommodated by all members from management to the cleaning service. (Special thanks to Carlos and Oswaldo the "pool fairy" who worked so hard in the early hours everyday to magically refresh, replenish and clean all the floors, pools, grounds and cooking stations.) By the end of the week we felt like family, that was the best part. They all work so hard to maintain such an exceptionally clean villa-like atmosphere. The pool looks out over the ocean with stairs close by that lead down to the water in seconds. Plenty of restaurants and mini-marts close by, but I highly recommend shopping at the local market in town to really get the flavor of Mexico, just a short stroll on the ocean -side board walk. This is a great place to take the whole family, we plan on returning next year and holding a mini family reunion there. ( If you wanna be close but not too close- noo problem, put the inlaws on the third floor... close enough for dinner but far enough to have your own space) I feel the need to mention how truly safe I felt, how warm, friendly and inviting the locals were, (don't believe the hype on television.) Our last week in Mexico, it was just the two of us (females) and we strolled in town late into the evening enjoying the local events and music with no worries nightly. (I felt safer in Mexico than in Portland, Oregon at night. FACT.) I'm taking the time to write this review because too often people are quick to complain but rarely go out of there way to compliment exceptional service and that's truly how I feel - My experience was exceptional! I was so very pleased and look forward to returning. My name is Angelina and I would will be happy to share my experience along with photos (soon to follow) As for the bad review regarding the hot water issue- thank goodness I didn't let that sway my decision... (what a rock head, all they had to do was let it run for a minute and it gets hot, water pipes work the same all over the world.) It's not the Hyatt Regency but surely the best value by far with simple but very clean rooms with nice linens, comfortable beds and all amenities to induce a quant home away from home feeling. I'm extremely pleased with my visit, my sincerest gratitude to the staff and I look forward to my return.

Best regards and happy travels,
Angelina - The Rainbow Room #3

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank angelina037

Reviewed February 11, 2010

This place looks pretty good on the web site, but it really has problems. We booked a top floor room (master suite) with our own "terrace/kitchenette". We only stayed one night because there was no hot water, and the cold ran intermittently. The AC was really only blowing warm air and the bathroom was sparse and dirty. The bed was extrememly hard. When I asked for help with the hot water issue, they suddenly couldn't speak english and could not figure out how to fix it. I think they would have just let us put up with it, so we went and found a much better place a few doors down from this one, called the Hotel Villas Miramar. We lost the kitchenette by doing this, put the new place was so much nicer, and cost considerably less. Even if you are not staying at Villas Miramar, go try the margaritas at the ocean side terrace and pool bar!! Raphael mixes up the best one in all of Zihua. Buen Viaje!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RJBYakima
Reviewed February 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed 5 nights at Casa Sun & Moon in December. It was one of the most enjoyable stays I have had in Mexico. We only moved as we had a timeshare week in Ixtapa at the Melia, which is a nice Hotel to look at, but did not offer the ambiance or friendliness that Casa Sun & Moon did. We were in a Master Suite at Casa Sun & Moon and it was fantastic. A/C in the room, with a King sized bed, clean and adequate bathroom, and a kitchenette with full fridge out on our private patio. With JACUZZI...the jacuzzi had jets, but was not heated, you do NOT want the jacuzzi heated in Zihua, it was wonderful to get home at night and climb into the jacuzzi and enjoy the lights of town. The staff were wonderful, they offered to run to the store if you asked where you could buy something, they cleaned the room and jacuzzi each day. The staff was so friendly that they asked us to march in the Prosession honoring the Virgin de Gaudalupe with them and we did. One of the most wonderful evenings I ever experienced in Mexico.
We also found all the vendors and people in the town of Zihua to be very friendly, and we had fun every single night, and town is only a 5 minute walk on the Malecon...

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Room amenities were adequate, in room refrigerator to keep cold drinks and snacks was great. We stayed in a standard room with 2 double beds. The outside veranda with the furniture for lounging and the hammocks was perfect. Besides who wants to sit in your room with the best view in Zihuatenajo, MX right outside your door. Both pools were very nice and clean and their temperature was perfect. The little kitchen we shared with the couple in the room next to us worked great to make our coffee in the morning and sit and watch the sum come up over the bay. We had our breakfast which was included each morning in the restaurant, food was very good. Also the steaks grilled in the evening at the Terrace restaurant were wonderful, our compliments to the chef. Everyone at this establishment did everything possible to make our stay the best possible. We would like to thank them, because they accomplished their mission. We would definately stay again. We have been coming to this city for 25 years. This is the first stay at Casa Sun & Moon, but definately will not be our last.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2010

Stayed the first two weeks of Dec. Very clean and well located. The hotel is on the beach and the views are to die for. This is a older hotel and has the true Mexican charm. the owner was there (Pepe) and this man knows Zihua. Was impressed with laid back atmosphere and 5-minute walk to the center of town. Very quiet and serene. The beds could be larger but double beds seem to be the norm . The pool is spotless and the staff very friendly. My spanish is bad at best but they still understand and are helpfull with questions. This is a true gem, and the buy two get one free wasn't bad either. I 'll do it again anytime.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2009

This was our second time staying here, and like another reviewer, I was pleased to see some improvements from last year. The pool has been completely redone and is lovely. The customer service was consistent from last year, which means it is still very good. It helps if you can speak some Spanish (we can). The location is "primo"; right over Playa Madera, and walking distance to other beaches, the town, shopping, and restaurants. Definitely get your money's worth. It is not a high-end 5 star hotel, but who wants that??!! I don't want to write too much good about it because it might affect the vacancy for me!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AQPQ
Reviewed March 29, 2009

We just completed our second stay at Casa Sun y Moon, and it was much better than last year. The owner was away most of 2008 with a medical condition, and is now back. He is putting money into the property, fixing up many things. The pool has been repaired (I didn't even know it was broken), the rooms have been cleaned and repainted, more staff has been added,and the grounds are being refreshed. We stayed in the "Starlight" suite on the 3rd floor, which faces the ocean. It has a bedroom with king bed and a bath. The room opens out to a large balcony that is half covered with a palapas, or roof of palm leaves. Under this is a table for 4 with chairs, the refrigerator, sink and stove, as well as ample counter and storage space. Beyond that is the jacuzzi and an area for the 2 lounge chairs to bask in the sun. All this is overlooking wonderful Playa Madera and Zihua Bay! Our stay of 4 weeks went by all too fast, and we have already made our reservations for next year.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple