“Safety in Puerta Vallarta”
Review of Puerto Vallarta

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
Chesapeake, Virginia
15 helpful votes
“Safety in Puerta Vallarta”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

A lot of people worry about safety in visiting Mexico. When we booked our trip to Puerta Vallarta we actually had friends angry with us. I did research before I decided to book and it is a wonderful place to visit. It is beautiful, easy to get around, and very safe. We took a cruise to an island and didn't get back until midnight. There was no fear or worry walking to our resort. We also walked the beach both ways over the days with no concern for safety. The tourist police are visible and people are very friendly. The area is gorgeous and I have never seen prettier sunsets (sorry Key West!). We have been to resorts in the Caribbean and have been afraid to wander far. It was great not to have that fear in Puerta Vallarta.

3 Thank Cath091155
Portland, OR
5 helpful votes
“Wonderful city”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We took our first trip to PV during the first week in May 2011. We loved the area and all the art work along the Malecon. We stayed at Vista Del Sol condo 715 above Los Muertos beach. I highly recommend this area of PV. You can walk to everything. We did rent a car for 2 days and drove to some outlying areas with no troubles with police.

We enjoyed wonderful seafood and gorgeous sunsets. Nice breezes during the day kept us comfortable. Would go back in a heartbeat.

1 Thank heidles2
California
199 helpful votes
“The best spot in Mexico!”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

My husband says Puerto Vallarta "has good bones"! This is a city that has it all in Mexico. It is beautiful with the ocean, a boardwalk, a lively "el centro", cobblestone streets in the Romantic Zone and even a crown on the top of the main church. It has world class restaurants and well as taco stands. There is so much to do such as zip lining in the jungle; banana boating, jet skiing as well as deep sea fiishing, snorkeling, swimming with the dolphins and whale watching.The whales come to have their babies in the winter in Bandaras Bay where Puerto Vallarta sits. There are many nightclubs, bars and dancing spots. There is culture such as a new performing arts center that brings in shows like the Russian ballet and many plays. The movie theaters are brand new with stadium seating showing the latest movies in English!

The weather is just about perfect from November through May. P.V. has the best water in Mexico AND it is a safe city.

There are lovely hotels along the beach as well as many wonderful villas to rent. There is so much to say about Puerto Vallarta that there is not enough space! You just have to experience it!

2 Thank Gypsies-on-the-go
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 helpful votes
“So Much Fun in the Sun!”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Beautiful weather, people, food, especially Old Town Romantica Zona - where you can walk most places and don't need a car. Spa treatments everywhere and really reasonable prices! Great diversity for every budget. We plan to go back often! Also found it very safe no problems at all. June 2011

1 Thank davu2
windsor
27 helpful votes
“home away from home”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I lived in Puerto Vallarta for 15 months 2004-2005 and continue to return several times a year. I always feel safe and often travel there alone as I have come to know many expats and locals. The shopping is amazing, the people are so very friendly and there are so many restaurants to choose from, makes it hard to pick! There are short trips to lots of great beaches and towns including Sayulita and Oscar's Restaurant. Oscar's has amazing food and cocktails, fine dining right on the beach. In Vallarta I like to go to Cafe de Olla, Barcelona Tapas for sunset and La Palapa. There is lots of night life and fun little bars where there is always someone to have a conversation with. I like to rent condos there and then go to places like Presidente Intercontinental Hotel for the day. You can use their gorgeous pool and private beach for about $25 which includes a credit at the pool restaurant. Well worth it! I feel at peace and as though the world is moving slower while I am in Puerto Valllarta. Enjoy your trip there!

2 Thank gal1

Been to Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!