“A local establishment, good food”

El Coleguita Mariscos
Ranked #149 of 1,295 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

A menu that offers everything from seafood to Italian, it is a great choice down at marina. I originally wanted to visit after I read they put a bottle of tequila on every table and the locals loved it. We didn’t get to taste the tequila but all other tables did have a bottle present. The food was really good, I had seafood spaghetti. They do bring by a decadent dessert that you can’t pass up, plantains and a glass of Kahula. All in all, a good place to eat- go early, it gets busy

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 29, 2019

went to this restaurant at the Marina. It waas very busy, but we only had to wait 20 min. I ordered chicken and asked for it to have batter on it. When it was served, I had 4 pieces of chicken and fries, It was very good and sure was a lot of food. My husband had the red snapper as he has been several times to restaurnat for red snapper and they never have it. They had the red snapper on special and he had the best ever fish in town. We will be back soon and we always get great food at this restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 12, 2019

We have gone here for decades almost every Thursday while in Puerto Vallarta because of the Flea Market at the Marina. I have always shared my experience with my 220,000 TA followers and this is very disappointing to a place that has usually been one of the 1st stops on our trips. This year we wanted to take friends there when we 1st arrived, but they said they would not go because of the service so we went to another sea food restaurant from my TA. We had noticed that since they doubted their restaraunt size, service has gone down. We decided to try it on our on the 1st Thursday here and need to acknowledge they were correct about the negative changes at Cologuita. One of the few face we still recognized was the maître, the rest seem to be new since last year. I ordered a draft beer, but what they showed on the menu no longer exists. They have NO MUGS for draft beer. They have a clay pot without an handle and it takes two hands to drink it because of its round shape. If you have ever tried to drink a beer from a clay pot you know the taste is not there like a nice ice cold mug - strike one. They served us the regular soup with a meatball, but the broth was without any fish flavor and just watery, not like in the past - strike two. We waited and waited for our waiter to take our order, but he never did. Finally the maître got a waiter to come. See the picture how empty it was so that was not the problem. The staff all seem to get in groups and talk to each other rather than serve the limited guests. We used to have to wait for a table when we came, but no waiting or lines this day. My wife ordered her regular fried rice with shrimp and I ordered Coco Loco coconut shrimp. Hers was good, but my coconut shrimp were plenty, but lacked the full coconut coating that is usually on coconut shrimp. The Chef was out side on the boardwalk or outside of the kitchen in the pick up area, but do nt know if that affected the kitchen. Disappointed coconut shrimp, but still pretty good. Did I mention they have new menus and one item struck our eyes - Cost extra if you want shrimp peeled, never have seen this before on a menu, but times are changing - strike three. When we were served I asked for a 2nd pineapple sauce for the shrimp. I got a OK from the waiter, but he never came back. Again the maître stepped up and brought me another. Good thing the maître was still here or things would be unbearable. The service is definitely worse and the food has suffered too. With restaurant week staring soon and with all the other local seafood restaurants in town I will post some new ones soon.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 3, 2019

El Coleguita Mariscos serves a large meal. They start with salsa and chips and a cup of fish broth with a fish all . Not many of our group liked the cup of soup. Our meals came in a very reasonable amount of time, even fast, I would say and were cooked to our liking. You are given a bottle of tequila at the beginning of the meal for a free shot for everyone. At the end of the meal, they bring a free liquor and milk drink.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 23, 2019 via mobile

Some people we met on the beach recommended this place and I wish we had known about it sooner. They close at 8 and we arrived at 7:30 hoping we could still get in. The place was packed but they still seated us no problem. My friend and I each ordered a meal but when it arrived we wished we would have just ordered ond snd shared. Both plates were huge! We had shrimp and mahi mahi and both were delicious. The margaritas were giant size but a little bland. They also put a bottle of tequila on your table and you can each have 2 shots for free! Our waiter was fast and friendly! And our bill was under $500MX for both of us! So happy we were able to eat there for our last night in PV!

Date of visit: March 2019