“Clearly outstanding”
Review of Trio

Trio
Reserve with OpenTable
Trio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,100 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Hidalgo and Matamoros
Description: TRIO, cosmopolitan restaurant casual-elegant located at the heart of Puerto Vallarta, restaurant of multilevel with a small open garden and a beautiful water fountain, tropical plants, expo of paintings from local artists, the walls of the first floor were fresco-painted by a renowned painter, a hand carved caoba bar and Tiffany style lamps reflecting a Southern European style. THE GALLERY, (second floor) is an area also requested for private parties and THE TERRACE (third floor) was open in winter of 200 and in which special events take place like expos, private weddings, concerts, etc. The restaurant has a warm and pleasant atmosphere that invites people to enjoy the great cuisine and conversation.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have dined at Trio on several trips and have never been disappointed. The service is impeccable. The restaurant is lovely, and the atmosphere is relaxing. This year we ordered a couple of appetizers and entrees, and everything was delicious. Not cheap by Mexican standards but worth every peso!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Me date and I had one of the best meals EVER last evening at Trio. We each ordered a half order and shared. The menu is so interesting and varied we had a hard time deciding what to order. However, we chose two wonderful entres. We had the Spanish shrimp sauteed with garlic, tomatoes, brandy and chili oil over basil polenta. The second dish was Grilled beef tenderloin with black pepper sauce grilled to perfection! Even though we ordered half orders we took over half of the tenderloin home for a second delicious meal! Orlando was our waiter supreme! It was a perfect evening, great ambiance, nice live saxaphone music, wonderful service and the best food ever. We eat out a lot, both here in PV and when we travel, but we now consider Trio our favorite restaurant. PS the company was mighty fine also!

1  Thank Gingerita
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I went to Trio with my husdand and another couple during Restaurant Week for dinner. It was our first time dining there and it was wonderful. It is definetly a fine dining experience! The atmosphere is lovely with the live sax player and the little white lights in the trees. The service is some of the best I had while on vacation. They had a nice wine selection and the food was amazing! I had the shrimp ravioli that was part a of the pre-fix meal options and it was delicious. Our friend had the filet and let us try a bite and it was one of the best pieces of steak we have ever had! If had not been our last night I would have gone back the next night and ordered it for myself! I am already planning a repeat visit to Trio next time I am in town. It was a very memorable night.

1  Thank cancunkitty
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I visit P.V. 9 years ago and went to Trio's. I was blown away then by the food and prices and service. It was perfect. I went back in early May 2013. The service is still excellent. I don't remember seeing so many people hot and sweating as there does not seem to be air conditioning. This is a place where you really need to dress up if you don't want to stand out. The food was average, but the prices have jumped by more than doubled! Price for dinner for 2 people, apps, entree's and deserts, with one glass of Sangria was a bit over $100. To give the Chief credit he still comes out and greets guest, which impressed me last time. My only complaint is that the food no longer warrants the prices. My next visit o P.V. I'll skip Trio's.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This resto came highly recommended by our friends in the P.V. area so we thought we'd give it a whirl. I'd heard it was quite expensive so was pleasantly surprised when I scanned the menu. The only items that had me shaking my head were the appetizers and salads. All the salads were over 100 pesos. The rest of the menu was priced in a manner consistent with the general ambience. The resto is very nicely appointed. The service and staff were very professional, responsive and courteous.

I ordered a garden salad and parmigiano cauliflower crepe. My friends both ordered oxtail appetizers and leg of veal. They raved about the former but reported the latter as being so-so. I was disappointed when my salad arrived. The greens were wilted. I know it's hard to keep lettuce fresh in Mexico but come on- really, it's 109 pesos! My crepe had a bit of parmigiano flavour, but the 'stuffing' was mostly mushrooms with a few small cauliflower florets. Very heavy on the sauce as was my partners' meals. So we concluded the resto definitely leans to French style of cooking.

The wine list is very impressive and substantially marked up. We ordered a Merlot from Argentina on the maitre d's advice for just under 500 pesos. The wine was a disappointment... harsh with none of the smoothness one expects from a Merlot even though it was a 2010. My recommendation is go if you like French cuisine and are prepared to pay the mark ups on the wine list. You will definitely enjoy your evening.

1  Thank cmbtraveller