“Great evening”
Review of Trio

Trio
Reserve with OpenTable
Trio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,058 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Hidalgo and Matamoros
Description: TRIO, cosmopolitan restaurant casual-elegant located at the heart of Puerto Vallarta, restaurant of multilevel with a small open garden and a beautiful water fountain, tropical plants, expo of paintings from local artists, the walls of the first floor were fresco-painted by a renowned painter, a hand carved caoba bar and Tiffany style lamps reflecting a Southern European style. THE GALLERY, (second floor) is an area also requested for private parties and THE TERRACE (third floor) was open in winter of 200 and in which special events take place like expos, private weddings, concerts, etc. The restaurant has a warm and pleasant atmosphere that invites people to enjoy the great cuisine and conversation.
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I read reviews that it was expensive, however by our standards for fine dining it was not bad. $188 CDN with 20% tip for 4 drinks, 4 appetizers and 5 entrees which included 3 of the higher priced entrees. Great service. Seafood soup with pesto was delicious as was the smoked potato soup with roasted duckling. Rosemary chicken was good. I had a veal daily special which was great. My son loved the lamb and my husband had filet mignon with a delish side dish of cauliflower au gratin and potato. My nephew had fish; he said it was well prepared in a way he had never had. Would recommend for a nicer dining night out.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Trio would be a star in any other gourmet destination in the world. The food, service and atmosphere is equal to any of the fine dining restaurants I've enjoyed in Paris, Rome, New York, San Francisco or New Orleans. My wife and I have dined here many times and we've never been disappointed. On our last visit I had a salad with grilled quail, It was fantastic! My main course was the oven roasted rabbit which was delicious once again. I could have this meal once a week.
The wine list was huge and not excessively expensive.
Indulge yourself. Eat here. It is truly memorable.

1  Thank Erte
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This restaurant has been opened for about 14 years and we have been going multiple time each trip to PV for as long. We have tried many restaurants in PV over the 30 years and with the exception of restaurant "Chef Roger" which closed several years ago, this is by far our favourite.

Menu selection is absolutely wonderful, food preparation is great and the tastes are to die for. They also have a tremendous wine selection and if you ask Carlos M. for something special not on the wine list, he always delivers. One of the great things about Trio, other than the food and service, is that most menu items are available in regular and small portions. This has allowed us to try many different dishes without walking out stuffed.

It doesn't have the few of many of the other restaurants but the food and service more than make up for this.

MUST TRY.....

1  Thank jphupe
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We recently visited Trio for the 4th time in as many years and, as always, the food was very good. However, this is the first time we were seated upstairs (we had a larger group of 8) and taking my entire family here for the first time, we were disappointed in the stiff service. We are usually seated downstairs with the "more mature" waiters and we find them warm and friendly. The younger fellows upstairs are quite formal which makes for a less relaxing meal. My advice is to go... it's a great restaurant... but ask to be seated on the main level.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We finally had a chance to eat at the highly recommended Restaurant Trio. We sat on the balcony overlooking the street. The food and service were truly excellent. I had the Ricotta Spinach Ravioli with sun dried tomato coulis; my wife had the Oven Roasted Rabbit, both perfectly done.