“Romantic dinner on the beach” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Palapa

La Palapa
Reserve with OpenTable
La Palapa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 984 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Amapas
Description: La Palapa Restaurant combines gourmet cuisine, friendly service, and the tropical setting of Los Muertos Beach to achieve the perfect balance between fine dining and the warmth and charm characteristic of Puerto Vallarta Mexico. Located on Playa Los Muertos in the heart of the Romantic Zone, this popular restaurant is one of Vallarta's favorite places to enjoy great food in a casually elegant atmosphere. At La Palapa Restaurant you will discover all of the ingredients to a perfect dining experience - a relaxed atmosphere, attentive service, fine wines and fabulous food. No matter what the occassion, from breakfast with business associates or lunch with friends to a romantic dinner for two, La Palapa defines fine dining in Puerto Vallarta.
Seattle, Washington
“Romantic dinner on the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was invited to join my two friends for a romantic dinner on the beach. Never in my life have I enjoyed a dinner as I had that evening. The service was outstanding, the food was out of this world and every attention to detail was made to make our evening the most special ever. Living in PV for 6 months I forget to treat myself and others to very special evenings and breakfasts. Returning for breakfast the following week, I had the pleasure of having Max Lazaro wait on our table. He is the best waiter we have had in PV, attentive to every need and a very down to earth, and honest and special person. You can tell he really enjoys his job and the people he serves.

• Visited April 2014

“PV favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Although this is my first review of la palapa, it is likely my 4th visit. We come once a year and its our favorite place in PV. La Palapa year after year maintains great good, great drinks, wonderful staff and allows us to also spill out into a beautiful sunset beach right afterwards. We have never been there for brunch, but maybe next time! It's places like this that build great experiences to keep coming back to PV! The price seems to be getting more expensive so consider your budget your drink choices. This past visit we had tortilla soup, sea bass, shrimp and some killer choc lava cake. Everything was delic. Our waiter even wrote a little message on our dessert plate to "have a nice flight back" home. We love you la palapa and hope it isn't too long until we return.

“Never disappoints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I come every year. Pleasant and attentive staff. Serves typical seaside refreshing meals. Stick to the seafood. The pitchers of sangria go down like lemonade.

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A treat for your taste buds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I went here on a recommendation and I am glad that I went. The food and ambience were amazing. Started with the lobster Taquitos with cucumber Martini's. The Martini's were very smooth. The Taquitos were very good as were the fried dumplings. I has the Palapa shrimp and my friend has the sea scallops. Both were really amazing. Very flavorful and worth the money. Dessert was good as well. A definite must go to spot!

Chicago IL
“A must while visiting PV”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

I have always started my visits to Puerto Vallarta with a dinner out at La Palapa. The beach seating for the meal along with an oceanic sunset is a huge pleaser to my guests and me. The same owners of La Palapa have also opened Vista Grill which I have also reviewed. The menu at La Palapa with the creative and seasonal flare only expected in the best restaurants continues to see the restaurant filled each night. An added bonus is that the restaurant hires experienced, personable servers and waitstaff; Pedro and Marcos are two examples of the employees that make the evening enjoyable. I stayed at Villa del Palmar and was pleased to see that both restaurants offered a discount to patrons staying at Villa del Palmar; this tells me that these two restaurants are here to stay! Hit the Romantic Zone and be amazed with gastric and scenic delights!

• Visited April 2014