“At The Beach, Great Meal, Relaxing Live Music”

La Palapa Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Palapa Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 1,127 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Amapas
Description: La Palapa Restaurant combines gourmet cuisine, friendly service, and the tropical setting of Los Muertos Beach to achieve the perfect balance between fine dining and the warmth and charm characteristic of Puerto Vallarta Mexico. Located on Playa Los Muertos in the heart of the Romantic Zone, this popular restaurant is one of Vallarta's favorite places to enjoy great food in a casually elegant atmosphere. At La Palapa Restaurant you will discover all of the ingredients to a perfect dining experience - a relaxed atmosphere, attentive service, fine wines and fabulous food. No matter what the occassion, from breakfast with business associates or lunch with friends to a romantic dinner for two, La Palapa defines fine dining in Puerto Vallarta.
Reviewed December 20, 2013

A short walk from our condo on the south side of olde town PV, La Palapa is a gem at the edge of the bay. Indoor/outdoor seating, even in the sand! Comfortable classy uncrowned setting, nice lighting, excellent service. The star is the food. My spouse ordered and loved the short ribs - tasty and very tender, a generous portion with fingerling potatoes, sautéed onions, tomatillo & guava sauce were heavenly. My small portion (love that they offer the small portion) of grilled pork tenderloin with goat cheese, chorizo, sweet potato and chile mouato sauce was unbelievably good. Wines by the glass complimented our meal. While we were finishing dinner, three performers were playing smooth jazz meets Latin flavor in the bar, so we joined them for the remainder of their first set of the night, and enjoyed smooth Tequilla, neat, while listening to three great local artists playing at a subdued level to enhance our experience, not over take it.

2  Thank mjarens
Write a ReviewReviews (5,445)

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

The ambiance is lovely, on the beach, dinner is quite special here. Celebrating 50 years, their tortilla soup is the same recipe since opening. The spinach and jicama salad was divino! I highly recommend La Palapa, live music is carefully chosen to soothe and not detract from the dining experience. Bravo!

2  Thank Ctimber
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Although I have not eaten on the beach; it does look inviting. My brother-in-law likes breakfast on the beach as you can stay awhile and just enjoy your coffee and the beach.

I've had dinner here twice and look forward to a return trip soon. Both times I've had shrimp as it is so fresh and delectable here. The decor is lovely and to look out at the sunset while dining on really good food, well, it doesn't get any better than that.

The wait staff is very professional and very polite but unobtrusive. True they don't rush but that is the beauty of Mexico to me. Take your time and enjoy your food and great scenery.

2  Thank sisflynn
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We are never disappointed when we have breakfast at La Palapa. Fabulous beachside location,great service with a smile, beautifully presented and yummy in the tummy food. Reasonable price. Our fruit plate had strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, star fruit, bananas, papaya, honeydew,watermelon, melons....check out the photos. My favorite breakfast or brunch restaurant. Will have to have dinner here in February when we return to Puerto Vallarta.

1  Thank skiwhistler
Reviewed December 11, 2013

well worth every pesos! Dining at night on the beach and warm weather is quite romantic and relaxing to cap off the night from a long hot day. The service staff was attentive and very professional and just genuine great people in general. I ordered the red snapper entree with a glass of red wine and the tortilla soup. They were both delicious. My friend and I didn't order dessert but received an amazing strawberry gelato. We generously gave a good amount of tip for excellent service from the wait staff. I would recommend this place and return again.

1  Thank mai f