“Dream come true”

La Palapa Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
La Palapa Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 1,125 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Amapas
Description: La Palapa Restaurant combines gourmet cuisine, friendly service, and the tropical setting of Los Muertos Beach to achieve the perfect balance between fine dining and the warmth and charm characteristic of Puerto Vallarta Mexico. Located on Playa Los Muertos in the heart of the Romantic Zone, this popular restaurant is one of Vallarta's favorite places to enjoy great food in a casually elegant atmosphere. At La Palapa Restaurant you will discover all of the ingredients to a perfect dining experience - a relaxed atmosphere, attentive service, fine wines and fabulous food. No matter what the occassion, from breakfast with business associates or lunch with friends to a romantic dinner for two, La Palapa defines fine dining in Puerto Vallarta.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had stumbled across this restaurant last May, and instantly fell in love with it. The food was amazing service great, and location was breath taking. Jokingly we said that we should get married at this restaurant. Oct 17, 2012, our third visit to La Palapa, and the date of our wedding. Sophia was amazing at organizing and having everything more than ready. It ended up raining during the ceremony, and she had a back up plan ready and decorated.
The meal and service were outstanding. The la palapa is in the business of making dreams come true with being exceptional. Thank you Sophia!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,439)

Reviewed October 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I just came back from the romantic dinner option at La Palapa, celebrating one our anniversaries!

I reserved online through open table 2 weeks before we arrived in PV and when I arrived at PV, I called them just to confirm and they were very gracious! I even asked for flowers to be at our table which they agreed to without a hitch!

When we got there, the only suggestion I have was that the manager or whoever he was (wore a blue shirt) was upfront or forward about the menu pricing and the upgrade that was available for 500 more pesos. We had barely even sat down! I was taken aback a little bit simply because we had just sat down, and he was so upfront about it in front of my date. I felt a bit uncomfortable because I already knew the prices when I made the reservation, and did not need to be reminded of the prices. I wanted to just enjoy the evening without having to worry about the costs.

Other than that, the food was excellent and our server Jorge was great!

I asked for salsa and chips (not on the menu), and Jorge made it happen! The chips and salsa were by far the best I've eaten in PV, and let me tell you, I've had A LOT of chips and salsa at many different places!

We were even allowed to choose from both options of the romantic dinner menu!

After the dinner, they had set up a separate seating area on the beach for us to enjoy dessert and coffee or nightcaps. What great service!

Overall, great experience, I would come back in a heartbeat!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I recently spent a week in Puerto Vallarta and had breakfast and dinner at this incredible restaurant. The food, the scenery, and service is exceptional. I had dinner twice and breakfast every day at La Palapa during my one week stay. It should be noted that breakfast is the best deal in town. The prices are reasonable and the food is so creative. Beyond the food, it is the ambience of this place and warmth of its employees. I want to give special notice to Jairah. He was an amazing waiter and said " Mi casa ...tu casa, welcome home." I really felt at home at La Palapa and really did not want to leave. You cannot find that feeling back in the States. It is simply the best

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Each year we return to PV and make sure to visit La Palapa on the beach. The food is out of this world excellent along with incredible service. This is a DON'T MISS each year!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

La Palapa is a beautiful restaurant with a great view of the beach and bay. The food is delicious--we especially enjoyed the coconut almond french toast and the chilaquiles. We really enjoyed eating at our table on the sand. The only problem was the vendors constantly approaching the table to try to get you to buy stuff.