“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Arrayan

El Arrayan
Ranked #25 of 981 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Diner, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Matamoros & Miramar
Description: Best Mexican restaurant in Puerto Vallarta. Very original menu . Flavorfull foods from different regions in Mexico. Original cocktails, Mexican wines, attentive bilingual staff, full bar. Also childrens menu, vegetarian options and free dishes. Alll main courses served with freshly made corn tortillas, home made ice creams and sorbets.Gay friendly,you can bring your pet.
Victoria, Canada
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

We have gone to this restaurant many times and have never been disappointed. We are always warmly welcomed as soon as we walk in. The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable and the food is spectacular. I'm already looking forward to going back soon. Don't miss this restaurant when in PV.

London UK
“Best Mexican food in PV”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Dined here three times in four weeks and it keeps getting better. Staff are knowledgable, helpful and happy. Food is interesting and delicious. Atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable. Not to be missed!

Orange County, California
“Love This Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

El Arrayan is exceptional in every way. I've dined here several times over the last few years and it always lands at the top of my list. Started w/duck liver pate that was excellent. My entrée was a delicious Fish Pastor, grilled Mahi with a corn relish and pineapple sauce. It was the best seafood dish of my entire trip. My husband had the Duck Carnitas which never disappoints. Ample portions with simple but elegant seasoning and flavors! To finish we opted for the chocolate cake with coffee and vanilla ice creams. Real Mexican chocolate with a hint of cinnamon. The atmosphere here completes the picture with beautiful yarn paintings and a small gallery in the back, adjoining the open air courtyard (where the Arrayan tree 'lives'). Service was spot on; efficient without being intrusive. We highly recommend this jewel of Vallarta restaurants.

puerto vallarta
“True Mexican Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

El Arrayan welcomes you to Mexican heaven. In a charming combination of old and new, the food, the staff and the ambiance brings you to a wonderful place of happiness and peace.

Even the next morning you can feel the love that the chief transmits into the food. In nine years of living in Puerto Vallarta, I have never been disappointed. If I’m having a bad day, I’m sure to walk out of the restaurant feeling happy and ready to meet whatever may come.

The owners and staff are so friendly, greeting every guest with a smile sure to warm any heart. Between the live music, artwork, food, and joy, I kept waiting to see Frida Kahlo appear from behind a post. The spirit of Mexico truly feels at home in El Arrayan.

I highly recommend El Arrayan to all locals and visitors alike. If you want to enjoy real Mexican cuisine, El Arrayan always pleases. Do not forget to try the raicilla. It’s the unique moonshine of the state.

Victoria, Canada
“A dining experience not to miss...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I'm not a culinary expert by any stretch of the imagination. But, El Arrayan is exceptional. From the service, to the Arrayan margarita, to the meal itself, fantastic. My experience with El Arrayan started ~ 2 years ago when a group I was with took a Mexican cooking class here. We helped prepare and then ate the food and it was mighty fine. A few nights later we came for dinner and thorough enjoyed the meal. Well, last night I dined again, this time with my wife, and the food was better than I remembered even. We had an Arrayan margarita and chips and salsas while awaiting or meal. The salsas a Negra, a verde, and a more traditional were all very nice. Our meal was 1/3 (closer to 1/2) of a duck with molè and potatoes. Mmm... Excellent. Cooked to perfection and we ordered more molè as we ran out, it was so good. Dessert was the heliados sampler with 4 differing flavours of ice cream, vanilla, chocolate, mango, and a fruit I cannot recall the name of. All handmade, all excellent. We don't come to Puert Vallarta often, but I hope not to wait 2 years before dining again. Well done!

Visited December 2013