“Fun place to eat and the food is good too!”
Review of Red Cabbage Cafe

Red Cabbage Cafe
Ranked #69 of 1,039 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The restaurant is out of the way, but that is part of the fun. the food and service is good. If you want to have a quiet meal; without the typical noise of a PV restaurant, this is the place.

BRING CASH! NO CREDIT CARDS.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We always enjoy a visit to the Red Cabbage with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law. I have tried many of their offerings, and they have all been very good, but now being gluten free, I went for their American Plate. It was tastefully prepared and quite filling, but without the gravy. Check to make sure if the gravy is made with corn or wheat flour. I just asked for no gravy.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

On our recent trip we heard about this place. We have been to PV many many times, but this was a first for us. You could walk, but I recommend taking a taxi as it's a bit out of the way. There is a lot of history to this place and it's charming. My friends enjoyed their meal, but everyone agreed the dish I had, Chiles en Nogada, was the BEST....so unique and delightful!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I feel that the Red Cabbage has the best Mexican food in Puerto Vallarta. I always order the Mexican Plate. The atmosphere is relaxing and the wait staff knows us by our names. The spinach salad is surprisingly great. You mush also try the carrot soup. If you go here to eat, you will go again and again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This quirky off the beaten path restaurant is well worth the trip! The food was excellent--tasty and lots of options. The service was perfect--attentive and not harassing. The atmosphere is really funny--lots of Frida and each tabletop is decorated differently. We walked to the restaurant for lunch one day only to discover that it isn't open for lunch. We really enjoyed the walk to the Zona Romantica. We walked through neighborhoods where Mexicans live, which was nice to see and a welcome contrast from the constant selling you get in the more touristy areas. We walked back after dinner and felt safe. Enjoy!