“We went first night and last night this place is so good”
Review of Daiquiri Dick's

Daiquiri Dick's
Reserve with OpenTable
Daiquiri Dick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 1,036 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: A Puerto Vallarta landmark on Los Muertos Beach in the Romantic Zone, Daiquiri Dick’s has pleased locals & visitors alike for more than 3 decades. The constantly evolving & innovative menu, best described as Pacific Rim with a Mediterranean flair, features the freshest ingredients combined to stimulate the palate & please the eye. The always attentive, professional & friendly service contribute to an exceptional experience be it a casual breakfast, business lunch or dinner celebration. Un icono en la Playa Los Muertos, el restaurante Daiquiri Dick’s ha encantado a vallartenses y turistas por más de 3 décadas. El menú innovador de frecuentes evoluciones, descrito por sabores del Pacifico con influencias Mediterráneas, luce los ingredientes mas frescos combinados para estimular el paladar y la vista. El servicio atento, profesional y amigable, contribuye a una experiencia excepcional, ya sea para un desayuno casual, una comida con clientes o una cena de celebración.
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This restaurant has been a top choice for our family for at least 15 years. We started and finished our trip with dinners here. Unfortunately, and having nothing to do with this restaurant, there is an awful singer at the adjacent Blue Shrimp (or something like that) restaurant who turns his speakers towards Daiquiri Dicks. I wanted to shoot the singer with a tranquilizer dart. Despite that annoyance, Daiquiri Dicks was so good that it over-rides the idiot performer next door. The fish is fresh and the drinks are amazing. Right on the beach!

There are newer reviews for Daiquiri Dick's

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Puerto Vallarta has some of the greatest sunsets in the world. There is no better place to watch one than sitting and dining at this restaurant. At this time of year, get seated between 4 and 5 p.m. and take advantage of great drinks at 2:1 prices. Two strong margaritas will set you back about $6.00. Lunch menu until 5:30 p.m., but has a great selection. So drink until 5:30, or order from the lunch menu, which we did. I had the summer roll, which was quite tasty and served with a peanut/plum sauce. Followed with an Asian salad with shredded chicken that was ultra fresh, crispy, and with an excellent, thick sesame dressing. Generous portion was more than filling as a dinner. You can dine here open-air under roof, or at outdoor tables. The seating is tiered, so easy to stare at Bandaros Bay in front of you with the setting sun directly in front of you. Look for the high clouds and wait until several minutes after the sunset to see the clounds come alive with red, orange and yellow glow. The service here is excellent. During the course of dining, you realize that your glass is never empty, your plate is cleared at the right times, the drinks are cold, and food served at the right intervals. A really nice dining experience at very affordable prices.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I had lunch at Daiquiri Dicks this month (Nov 2013) and was disappointed. The shrimps, in mayo, were served on a piece of toast with some sort of cabbage slaw and a tiny bowl of stale pineapple bits on the side. No flavour in anything. I hate to give a restaurant a poor rating based on one meal but there you have it. Perhaps they were having an off day. The price was pretty high for such a disappointment also. I would give it another try next time, perhaps for dinner, because the location is perfect, on the beach.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

What wonderful surprise! This afternoon, while strolling the beach, only a few blocks north of the pier, I discovered on a posted menu an item that about knocked my socks off...or at least would have, had I been wearing socks.

As a big fan of Vietnamese cuisine, little did I ever expect the Banh Mi to appear on Daiquiri Dick's menu, along with other fabulous offerings, though not Vietnamese.

Without thinking twice, I entered this lovely, on the beach,open air restaurant and placed my order. Frankly, I didn't know what to anticipate and was a bit skeptical. Not uncommon to face disappointment when ordering something 'ethnic' in a 'non ethnic' restaurant.

First, to tell you that Daiquiri Dicks has been around for eons, They do a stellar job in not only providing an international menu and delicious food, but in their outstanding service, presentation and immaculate setting.[May not be the appropriate place to mention, but their bathroom facilities are spotless with the soap containers always filled. That in itself deserves high rewards.]

I placed my order. Soon, my waitperson arrived with the complimentary chips and salsa. Both were outstanding; non greasy chips and a tasty fresh salsa . As I munched away, I secretly thought that I could easily make a lunch of the appetizer, only.

The Banh Mi arrived! A work of art, no less!

Tucked inside the sliced lengthwise baguette, that may in reality have been a crusty bolillo, were generous cuts of seasoned, to perfection, roasted pork, julienned carrots, cucumbers,and cilantro sprigs as well as diagonally sliced jalapenos on the side.To give this sandwich its unique flavor,the bread was slathered with a special prepared Asian style mayo and the sandwich ingredients flavored with Asian red chili sauce, Sriracha.

What a fabulous meal this was...Yes, meal! The sandwich,generously large, at only 75 pesos!

The big surprise: As a Banh Mi aficionado, I am happy to say that the taste not only equalled but surpassed many of those I had eaten in Vietnamese restaurants and sandwich shops in my hometown, Minneapolis.

One final note: As a person who eats meat only on occasion, the next time I order a Banh Mi which will be soon,I will try the veggie version. Normally that would imply using either mock duck or tofu. If neither is available and I imagine not, then just the veggies alone should be fine.

1  Thank Luisa-Paulina
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My wife and I were directed by a friend to eat at this restaurant at least once while visiting PVR. We have to say, that it was certainly no disappointment! We have been in PVR for approximately 3 weeks and have eaten at a number of different places, but definitely have to give this place a thumbs up. Service was impeccable, food and drinks were both of high quality and quantity. We would highly recommend this restaurant .