See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 8, 2017 via mobile

Cozy and a fun place to be! Great location and great people! Such a welcoming and secure place to stay!
Carlos was really helpful with everything!
Puerto Vallarta is such a beautiful place and this hostel made the experience even more perfect! Awesome!!!!

Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2016

Location is great and that's where it ends. Found broken glass and what appeared to be public hair on our room floor. In the kitchen, you will find ants, dead bugs, and dirty dishes and appliances. Kitchen is not sheltered properly so when it rains, appliances will get soaked (safety hazard). Only 2 shower stalls for the entire hostel. During our stay, only one shower functioned properly as the other only has hot water. Both shower stalls are covered in black mold and mildew. You would think the owner has time to clean the kitchen or bathroom but he was too busy watching tv all day and not socializing with guests. The WiFi is spotty and good luck finding an outlet that works. Don't bother bringing up these issues to staff as they will get defensive and deny any issue. You can stay at other more clean and inviting hostels than this one for less than what they charge here.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank eightynine
Reviewed March 1, 2016 via mobile

I initially planned on staying in Puerto Vallarta for two nights max but I ended up staying a week! I think this hostel made it really easy for me to do so. The staff became my friends. Such good people!

There is two dorms one which is on the main floor it sleeps four. The second dorm I think has ten beds?...
There is a kitchen with everything you may need at your disposal. It is very centrally located, about 3 blocks from the malecon and a short walk into the old pv and the beach.

I will definitely be staying here every time I come to PV. Cheers!

Stayed: March 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed December 22, 2015 via mobile

this hostel is centrally located. it is about 3 blocks from the malecon, with a lot of restaurants nearby. it is a short walk to the zona romantica and Los Muertos beach. the waterfront closest to the hostel is not swimmable.

Yelina is just fantastic. super friendly, I felt welcome from the moment I arrived. I stayed 8 nights and always felt great. there is a communal kitchen to use to cook your meals. I cooked all of my meals while in Mexico.

there are two showers and one toilet upstairs near the beds. there are also two additional toilets on the main floor near the common TV area.

the bed area is 8 beds (2 bunks and 4 singles). I slept on a lower bunk and slept well. there is a lot of street traffic noise, so maybe bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.

there is no curfew. the outer door is locked around dark, but every visitor gets a key. there's also a personal locker area with key. I always felt safe here.

Stayed: December 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2015

Yelina & Gabriel could not of made me feel more welcome during my 6 month trip thru Mexico. Hostel Central became my second home while in PV for one month. First level has a balcony overlooking Hidalgo, a perfect place for coffee and wifi, a common living room area with lots of sitting areas, TV, large dining area, and two bathrooms. Second levels has a nice kitchen with stove, fridge, cooking supplies, large bathroom with two showers, plenty of hot water, toilet, a washing machine, a large lovely roof top terrace area for hanging out, visiting with other guests and the dorm room. Common areas kept very clean and staff is very accommodating. Perfect location to plaza, malecon, restaurants, shopping and buses. Staff treats you like not only a guest but a friend as well.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled solo