All reviews would definitely stay here again great place to stay full kitchen zona romantica living room balcony overlooking the beach no elevator great location ivan condo tv wifi privacy pv ocean
Selected filters
Reviewed April 15, 2019

I’d like to say a few words about this place. My boyfriend and I stayed there for a week at the end of March – beginning of April. We were very happy to have found this hotel.

Location: Amapas Apartments is a really nice and affordable place to stay right in the heart of Zona Romantica and steps away from plenty of different restaurants, clubs, small grocery stores with everyday necessities, drugstores, spas, boutiques, etc. It is literally a few steps away from the beach. Despite a lot of entertainment around, we didn’t find noisy. The location is a dream! Everything is so close we only used Uber twice – from and to the airport. In general, I found the location very convenient, beautiful and, most importantly, very safe.

Accommodation: The hotel itself is condo style. It is a small four story building with just a handful of rooms on every floor. Apart from a bedroom, we had a spacious living room with a balcony, a bathroom with a walk-in shower and a full kitchen with all appliances. The kitchen is definitely a bonus, and although we didn’t cook anything big, we were able to make a simple breakfast in the morning (or whenever we got up), which gave us flexibility and saved a lot of money.
Everything worked well in the room, but the toilet flush needed some extra attention at times. I’d suggest replacing the showerhead because the one we had kind of wanted to retire, but as I said it was functional. The major thing to consider about the building though, there is no elevator. That was not a problem for us whatsoever, but for guests with mobility issues that would be a big deal breaker.

Staff: Staff are very friendly and polite. I’d like to say special thanks to Jessica, who was waiting for us and checked us in one hour before the chick-in time as we arrived early. There’s no actual front desk or receptionist on site, so I was worried there would be no one to let us in. I emailed Jessica before arrival; she replied right away, and everything worked like a charm. She took time to explain how things work, gave us the keys. I asked her for a hairdryer (there’s no hairdryer in the room), and she brought on up herself. Every time we saw in the lobby, there was always a smile on her face and she always asked is if we needed anything. The housekeeping lady comes once a week and does a great job. It worked perfectly for us as we were out very late every night, so there was no need to worry about remembering to leave “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door. You will also get to choose the day when you want your room cleaned, which is very convenient.

Internet: Wi-Fi Works differently in different parts of the hotel. We stayed on the fourth floor; the Wi-Fi worked fine in the bedroom, but didn’t work at all in the kitchen or the living room. If you stay on lower floors, the reception should be better.

To sum up, I’d like to say thank you to all who made our stay at Amapas comfortable and enjoyable. I’d certainly recommend this place, and I am sure, we’ll be back.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MiroToronto
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

I spent 3 nights at the Amapas Apartments. This place is Awesome! I had a one bedroom with balcony with views of the beach and couldn’t have been more pleased. The apartment was spacious, great low price, well equipped, great AC, Tv had channels in English, quiet, and the best location! Will definitely stay here again! Highly Recommend!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Glenrocksd
Reviewed January 16, 2019

Amapas Apartments is a lovely place to stay. Comfortable, quaint, very clean with helpful staff. It feels like an apartment vs a hotel vibe. Right in the zona Romantica close to restaurants, beach, etc. Air conditioning is nice. Balconies overlook a busy street but we were too busy to sit out there very much. The shower was fantastic!! The only other thing I'd note is that there's no beach to sit on, so, it would have been really nice if the apartments came with a beach umberella and some sort of backpack beach chair you could use. The beach itself is only steps away. The water taxi is also steps away at the end of the pier so we took that twice to Yelepa and elsewhere for a day. We met quite a few long term tenants from Canada and the US staying there. Pet friendly.

Date of stay: December 2018
2  Thank Companion57851229644
Reviewed January 9, 2019 via mobile

This place is great. Good location, large units beautiful rooftop views and very economical. The only fault I found is the noise. Not from the street, but from the other guests. I'm thinking it would be PERFECT except for the loud, most likely intoxicated daily neighbors I had. There was no staff present to address the issues. Here's the thing, I like it so much I'll most likely be back.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2018

What a great location! It was close to everything we needed! We were greeted by our contact promptly at 3pm upon our arrival. Our second floor (just up one flight of stairs from the foyer) condo faced Amapas and we had a partial ocean view of the beautiful pier. We traveled with friends so we were delighted to discover this condo had two full bathrooms. The beds were comfortable and the air conditioner was very much appreciated. We enjoyed coffee on our balcony each morning watching all the locals and visitors walk buy. Amapas is a busy street so if you're a light sleeper I'd recommend bringing ear plugs. Anyone who stays here will be delighted with the location and how clean this place is. The cleaning staff show up every Wednesday morning to change your beds and give you clean towels. We would definitely stay here again without any hesitation. Can't wait to return!

Date of stay: November 2018